Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
HI ALL...IV JUST TRADED MY AUTOTRAIL DAKOTA FOR A 2007 AUTOCRUISE STARDREAM,.IT LOOKS AND SEEMS TO BE A VERY NICE VAN,GOING TO COLLECT ON SATURDAY..ANYONE OUT THERE GOT ONE ? ANY THOUGHTS GOOD OR OTHERWISE WOULD BE WELCOME.JUST HOPE IV MADE A GOOD CHOICE...REGARDS TO YOU ALL,..STEVE:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
HI ALL...IV JUST TRADED MY AUTOTRAIL DAKOTA FOR A 2007 AUTOCRUISE STARDREAM,.IT LOOKS AND SEEMS TO BE A VERY NICE VAN,GOING TO COLLECT ON SATURDAY..ANYONE OUT THERE GOT ONE ? ANY THOUGHTS GOOD OR OTHERWISE WOULD BE WELCOME.JUST HOPE IV MADE A GOOD CHOICE...REGARDS TO YOU ALL,..STEVE:thumb:

Some issues with Autocruise , graphics peel off , problems with diesel heating if fitted ,habitation door poor fit or cracked hinges , poor paint finish on cab and coachbuild difficulty in getting a nice shine , if I can remember more shall let you know .:thumb:

Loppyloo

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Oxfored
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Stardream!

Hello, new to this so hope I get it right? we have a Stardream - bought it from new 4 years ago (SKIing hoiiday - Spent Kids Inheritance......) and really really love it - our fourth motorhome in 25 years starting with a very ancient Bedford CF, then progressing, thought a fixed rear bed mnight be nice - hummm got that wrong) and then saw the Stardream, test drove it and fell in love!! Only probs I wil emntion, we have had to fit a 'gutter' over the door as the rain came down that side and made the inside of the door wet if the weather was blowing in in a particular direction - AND sligthly more worrying - we discovered on a recent trip the rear lockers full of water, and I mean FULL! We 'googled' likely problems and then looked at the way the doors fitted and lo and behold they did, but not very well. With some adjustment we seem (?) to have solved the problem having just had another few days away in our lovely summer (!)) and all remains dry SO I guess the gist of what I am trying to say is just keep an eye on where water might come in - does being a low profile make any difference?? But we really enjoy our Stardream, it is comfortable, economical (even towing a little car on occasions) convenient even when the family descend as altho it is only a 2 berth there is plenty of room inside, the bed is very generous (we even had our 4 year old grandson to stay and we all bunked down together (3 in a bed and the little one said move over move over!!) and managed fine!) , storage space a little tight if you want to take BIG things but you could always buy a back box? Enjoy it, I am sure you will, and safe journey(s)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
smiffy502000

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
stardream

hi loppyloo,(great name:Smile:)...THANKS FOR YOUR NICE REPLY,WE ARE PICKING UP THE STARDREAM IN THE MORNING,CANT WAIT! HOPE WE ARE AS HAPPY WITH IT AS YOU ARE,I WILL LOOK AT THE POINTS YOU HAVE MENTIONED, IT ALREADY HAS A FITTED BACK BOX,NOT SURE I WOULD HAVE USED IT BUT MAY THINK AGAIN NOW.WE TOO HAD A FIXED BED WHICH SEEMED A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME,THEN YOU REALISE HOW MUCH SPACE YOU ARE WASTING. ANYWAY,THANKS AGAIN DONT BE A STRANGER ITS NICE TO CHAT TO LIKE MINDED PEOPLE...HAVE FUN REGARDS ....STEVE AND LESLEY:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back