Autocruise Stardream

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Openroad, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Openroad

Openroad Read Only Funster

Seriously considering this model....an '08........for full timing for one/two. Seems to fit the bill but would appreciate any helpful comments from owners or others who decided to not buy. Many thanks.

Philip

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

Full timing = fixed bed or it'll drive you mad

3. Openroad

Fixed Bed

This was my own view tilll I saw the huge amount of dead space it creates unless you buy a monster. The Autocruise Stardream seems to solve the problem wth 2 large singles avaliable in seconds if u dont want to use the massive double it makes up at the back.

Thanks for your input though

4. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I'm a fixed bed man, especially if you are full timing. Two singles has a lot going for it though.

A colleague has one of these and he ended up removing the step as he kept grounding it. Worth further investigation?

5. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

I think a fixed bed must be a must for fulltiming. We had a mid lounge converting to a double but after only six weeks away realised we wanted a fixed bed.It's not just about not having to make up the bed it's about being able for one to stay up while the other goes to bed which is bound to happen in the long term!! :RollEyes:

6. Terry

Terry Funster

The two singles gives you just that :thumb:I think it a good choice,not too big but quite roomy,feet up lounging and you can get to loo and cooker while one is still in bed:thumb:Of course a bigger van is better for full timing,but you get to places in the smaller van :BigGrin: a compromise :Wink:
    terry

7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

We have 2singles which convert into a lounge . able to put our feet up if in most of day and when fulltiming you are .small dinette up front in a 7mt van don't mind pulling it into king size bed takes 5minutes at most worth it not to have dead space at back .

8. Openroad

just realised

...that the stardream doesnt have anywhere else to sit other than the cab seats if U SHAPED LOUNGE IS MADEUP FOR BED! Any ideas of other coachbuilts that offer ay least one other seat if lounge converted of similar size and still with a ushaped lounge?

Cheers:Sad: