Autocruise Quartet (Boxer) Help (1 Viewer)

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,

We have got the van up to the NE Scotland, and are very pleased with it there are however a few little issues that we wondered if anyone might be able to help or suggest fixes for.

1. Door activated lights from accommodation door
When you enter the van from the side door no lights automatically come on, which means I am feeling about in the dark to find the "power on" and then "cabin lights" buttons on the console.
Should a light come on when the side door is opened? Can one be fitted so that it does?
maxresdefault (1).jpg

2. Stereo without ignition
The stereo does not seem to work unless you have the key in the ignition. Can this be changed?
maxresdefault.jpg

3. Aux-in for Stereo
There is a USB input for mp3 players in a glove pocket under the dash, however this wigs-out saying too many files if you plug a phone in. Is there any other aux input - I was hoping for a 3mm Jack, or can one be added?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

Cheers,

THC.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno if an auto door open light is standard in your van..As you do not say what MH it is :)
However, one could certainly be retro fitted.. For simplicity and to sure nowt was draining battery power, why not get one of those wee led lights that come on when they sense movement ? We use one in the loo in the van..
Something like this is nice and easy.. Batteries last a couple of years ! :)
Link Removed

Stereo.. Yes but you will need to take the power wire off the ignition and on to a permanent live

USB
Probably got more than 250 files on the fone.
Try grouping the files in some sort of order in sub folders to break down the number of files in the root directory

OP
OP
TheHappyCampers

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Jaws. Van is an Autocruise Quartet (2012) as detailed in thread title.
They only produced this model for 2 years and I'm told only approx 30 were made.

I'll certainly look into the movement censor LED light and finding a permanent live in the cab... but I think all the electric there is on the key.

Cheers. Nik.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You should be able to change the radio settings in the menu, this gives you the option for it to stay on for 3 hours without having to put the key in. If you Google it you will find the instructions or someone on here will post them.
As far as the light goes if we are expecting to be back when it's dark we just leave one on.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
On our Rapido, the radio works when either the ignition is on, or when one of the auxiliary switches on the control panel is switched on. Have you tried all the switches on your panel to enable the radio?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Nik, we used to have an Autocruise Accent (2012) and our radio came on when we wanted it to, without the ignition being on, we were also able to alter it from the standard 20 mins before going off to 3 hours which was great. Not sure about fitting a jack so you might need to talk to a car audio place to find out.

As for the sliding door - there isn't a light at all there so unfortunately scrabbling around to turn the electrics on is a consequence of stupid UK 'requirements' (allegedly) for all vehicles converted here, foreign ones don't have this limitation so with our Globecar we can use the rear electrics whilst driving if needs be (ie to power something in the rear). I don't think you can get around this automatic cutting off when the ignition is on ... I did try to find out for our Accent but to no avail.

As Jaws has suggested just get a battery operated motion sensor activated light for when you go in/out of the van and also for when you have to go to the loo in the night ... much better than trying to remember where the light switch is! We have them in some of the cupboard in our camper too as it makes it much easier to find the contents that way!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Forgot to ask earlier ... did you get an Autocruise handbook with your PVC? If not I've got one you can have just for the cost of the postage.

Mel

OP
OP
TheHappyCampers

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Ah thanks for the offer Minxy.

We got all the manuals and the original sales brochure too. So we are okay thanks.

The van only has 6k miles on it so still needs properly breaking in really!

THC

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks Jaws. Van is an Autocruise Quartet (2012) as detailed in thread title.
They only produced this model for 2 years and I'm told only approx 30 were made.

I'll certainly look into the movement censor LED light and finding a permanent live in the cab... but I think all the electric there is on the key.

Cheers. Nik.

DOH !!! Sorry Nik.. did not actually read the title .... :)
Speed reading really is something I should stop doing !!
I shall take a demerit mark and go to the corner for a wee while :)

OP
OP
TheHappyCampers

TheHappyCampers

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses - in some cases I think the lesson for me is RTFM - Read The Flippin' Manual!

So I can have the stereo on without keys in the ignition, thanks for hints there.
But the lighter socket in front doesn't work without ignition, but as suggested I will try and link to leisure battery, or use socket in rear.
Regarding Aux-In I have plumped for using one of those FM transmitters that plug into the headphone socket and broadcast to your radio - not too elegant - but simple fix.

Thanks again all.

Cheers,

THC

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The radio in ours was a retrofit, and is wired via the Hab Battery, served by solar panel, there is a USB connection on the front face, which plays over 700tracks from micro stick.. The base vehicle is a Ducato. Which when you unlock with the Sigma fob puts the cab lights on, long enough to find the switches by the Hab door.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Regarding Aux-In I have plumped for using one of those FM transmitters that plug into the headphone socket and broadcast to your radio - not too elegant - but simple fix

Which also has the advantage that you can broadcast to a Radio outside when sitting in the sun under the awning with your preferred libation!.

Android

Free Member
Nov 2, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Dunno if an auto door open light is standard in your van..As you do not say what MH it is :)
However, one could certainly be retro fitted.. For simplicity and to sure nowt was draining battery power, why not get one of those wee led lights that come on when they sense movement ? We use one in the loo in the van..
Something like this is nice and easy.. Batteries last a couple of years ! :)
Link Removed

Stereo.. Yes but you will need to take the power wire off the ignition and on to a permanent live

USB
Probably got more than 250 files on the fone.
Try grouping the files in some sort of order in sub folders to break down the number of files in the root directory

Android

Free Member
Nov 2, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Hi we have one of these (quartet) vans. I found the easiest way to get some light on the control panel was to grab the light above the passenger seat and turn it to light the panel.
Glad to find someone else with one of these how are you finding it? we love ours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back