Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
We are having an Auto Trail ScoutSE on a Mercedes 316 engine picking it up on Saturday. it's Oct 2006 and in excellent condition. So looking forward to it
Maureen::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Maureen, The Scout is a great motorhome. The U shaped rear lounge they employ makes the very best use of space. We have had a couple of Auto-trails and never ben disapointed. And on a Merc as well:thumb: sounds great. I bet saturday can't come quick enough::bigsmile:

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yes Jim we are looking forward to Saturday but even more when we can take it out
Maureen:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Hi Maureeen all the best with your new van.We have a u shaped lounge in our Autostratus plenty room we like it ..I bet you are so excited and planning your first trip out in it . :thumb:

Val

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
All the best for saturday Maureen. The Scout is a very good motorhome so ENJOY :Smile:

Make sure you get a good handover and make sure ALL equipment are demonstrated and you see cooker, water heater and heater working. Do you have gas bottles? If not you may have to purchase these separately unless they are included in your purchase price. Make sure they show you how the control panel/charging unit/12v works.

If possible stay overnight at dealers to try it all out and any problems sorted out next day or failing that stay at local campsite or if unfortunate to be working, asap so that things can be rectified before the motorhome/camping season starts .

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Maureen,

Take a video camera with you, easy then to look back at things pointed out at your leisure.

David

OP
OP
MaureenD

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Val Rita and David for your good wishes for Saturday. We are excited and looking forward to picking it up. theres no facilities at the dealers to stay overnight so we are hoping to take it out the following weekend just to test it all and we only live about 16 miles from the dealers so its not to bad
Maureen

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Thanks Val Rita and David for your good wishes for Saturday. We are excited and looking forward to picking it up. theres no facilities at the dealers to stay overnight so we are hoping to take it out the following weekend just to test it all and we only live about 16 miles from the dealers so its not to bad
Maureen

I realize this post is over a year old, but perhaps thats a good thing for me as Im woundering how your've got on with your scout? I ask because this van is on our short list for buying, any chance of a report on yours please

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Don't forget Con Leaky, sorry KonTiki also have the same layout. But a Scout with a merc engine would be the best choice, Autotrail build well and the merc chassis does not suffer all the problems of the Fiat.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Carmarthen beckons.....

I am currently fulltiming in a 06 Scout and loving it....but the habitation door is a bit iffy lockwise !!! However, Wildman and his Moll have been in it and much admired how quickly the grog locker could be emptied !!!! (see you in Carmarthen Roger & Sue...Grog locker now replenished and looking forward to seeing you and all the other funsters..!)xxxxx .....:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

grumpy

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Llangollen, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over 25 years
Hi Maureen.
Envious......We have a good van at the moment. But our Scout (on a Fiat), will still be the van we wished we had hung on to. Space, and an Autotrail. It was reliable, comfy you name it, it was good. Downsized, wish we hadn't had to though. We hope you really enjoy your Scout. Hope to wave to you somewhere. Brenda and Peter.

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I've had my 2006 Scout for just over twelve months and am delighted with it. No major problems. The Fiat part seems to behave it self well, Ive just had the habitation service with a 100% satisfaction and booked for its 3 year and first MoT next month when I hope for no unexpected surprises.
Last season I managed over 60 nights away, this year I went away for 3 days last week and am going off tomorrow for a week or more.
A great van with loads of space and well screwed together.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back