Auto-trail cheyenne 634

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by jandee, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jandee

jandee

Hi thinking of getting a 2005 Auto-trail cheyenne, has anybody got any advise please thanks

2. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Had a 2007 model and really liked it. The only problem I had was the leg space in the loo: it wasn't easy to fit legs in comfortably and shut the door when on the throne. I'm only short but rather on the wide side so the angle wasn't ideal. Mine had a fixed bed and it was comfortable but sitting up to read was compromised by the rear window.
    Good luck with your purchase. If it is a rear lounge model then these problems probably aren't an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, We have a 2006 Cheyenne and its a great van, nice to drive comfortable it only had 3000 miles on it when we bought it ,everything still works but have changed a few things as you do good luck with your choice.

4. jandee

jandee

Thanks cal54 and mike. This is our 2nd van, the last one only lasted 4month then we were told it had water damage to the rear of it . we were sold a right duck by a con artist.

5. Simson

Simson Funster

Hi, We have a 08 Cheyenne 740 with single fixed beds and huge bathroom across rear of van, never had any bother, works like a dream. Its not the first auto trail we've had, and when we come to change this for a newer model it will be for another auto trail, love them. Good luck with whatever you buy(y). Mew & Mick

6. jandee

jandee

Thanks Mew and Mick, only had the other van for 4months but now we are hooked. Can't wait to get back on the road.
    Derek

7. beacons

beacons Funster

We looked at a 654 rear lounge one
    Lovely. missed it by pondering too long
    our mistake.

8. jandee

jandee

Better get myself into gear, so I don't miss out. This 634 has a L shape rear lounge.

9. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Our first motorhome was a Cheyenne 634, though that had a U shaped lounge, based on the Merc chassis with sprint shift gearbox.
    Suspension was a tad soft but fitting air suspension soon put that right.
    All in all a fantastic motorhome, shame Autotrail cheapened the inside of the newer models.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jandee

jandee

Well, we have taken the plunge, pick her up May 2nd. Hope to meet all of you on the rallies. A BIG THANKS.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  11. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

We love our old 2000 Cheyenne 634 with its enormous U shaped lounge, I'm sure you'll love yours too.
    Enjoy(y)