Auto sleeper Executive capacities (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hello all

My folks have just entered this revered community of auto-sleeper owners...and im trying to find out what the capacities for the following is - as the blurb that has come with the van and the internet haven't managed to answer the questions!!

Fuel Tank - the base is the Peugeot 2.8HDi, manual says the tank is 70-80Ltr, but the dealer thinks its more like 50, main reason for asking this is that it used up about 1/4 tank to do 80ish miles!! which if its a 50lt would give roughly 24ish MPG and thats OK, but if it is a 70ltr then its doing a lot less(<18)...which would be a huge problem and probably indicate something is wrong

Water and Waste - have found anything from 40 - 100ltr...not a lot of use to be honest!!

So any info regrading this would be much appreciated

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bungy, we have an Autosleeper with the Peugeot 2.8hdi engine.:thumb: Our fuel tank capacity is 80 litres, an expensive fill. :Eeek:As far as i can recall our waste water tank holds 45 litres and the fresh water tank holds 60 litres.:RollEyes: I will check in our users manual and post back.:winky:

Brisey.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
For my Peugeot 2.2 (2004) Fuel capacity is 70 ltrs. Fresh water 90 and waste 70 ltrs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bungy 24 /25 MPG sounds about right :thumb:As to tank capacity best thing to do (if it bothers you) is to drain down and fill up with a 5 / 10 ltr bucket -same with fuel tank run almost empty then fill her up.Brim to brim fills will give accurate mpg :thumb:From reading the other replies your clean water could be anything from 60ltrs to 90 ltrs ::bigsmile:You soon get used to the noise from the pump as it gets near empty and when it refuses to drain you can bet the tank needs emptying :Doh: ENJOY
terry

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi ignore the water tank gauges they are just for decoration
in short if water comes out of the filler or overflow then its full if nowt out of the tap then its empty.
the opposite for the waste tank if your shower tray fills up then the tank needs emptying if it doesn't then its ok:thumb:

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi terry

Its my old folks first van and they just wanted to know about bits and bobs , water tank and all that was just to have an idea on the gauge, but not to be specific - when ours shows empty it still has 40 or so ltrs left

Fuel tank is a bit of deal breaker problem for them - Folks have headed off home today with the van and are going to brim it to see what happens., they put about 50ltrs in yesterday (which sort of implies the dealers view on tank size is wrong) and the needle went to full - from showing in the red and then dropped to 3/4 after a 70mile journey (although that was into one hell of a head wind most of the way!!)

I personnel think the tank is a 70ltr and the quick drop is down to the guage being one of the typical ones that sits for ages then drops like a stone for a while and then sits again before dropping again - ours doesn't start moving until weve done circa 150 miles, which is roughly a quarter of what i can squeeze out of a full tank before it gets in to the chicken out zone just above the red.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi again tell them not to believe what dealers or manufacturers say ::bigsmile:If they have run out of the size they need during making they will modify and fit an alternative one on :Eeek:It is the same with them all ::bigsmile: There was a post on a couple of days ago saying the book says it is a mp3 player but the guy clearly had not got one - the dealer blamed the maker who blamed Fiat or whoever ::bigsmile: The only way for sure is to use and enjoy the van :thumb:I have owned my van for 5 yrs now and I still do not know the fuel tank size ::bigsmile:I use both mileage and fuel gauge so that after 300 / 350 mls I know it is ready for a drink :Smile:I do know the size of both waste and clean-70 ltrs but then again I fitted them ::bigsmile:
terry

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I used to recon 480 / 500 miles to a tankful (80l)
There is still an 2.5td Exec in the family which from new in 1996 has been monitored fuel wise and it has managed a average fuel consumption of 27mpg.
The harder your foot goes down the quicker the needle goes down! and my old 2.5td used to like 60/65 in 5th on motorways best for economy

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bungy, checked our tank capacities in the user handbook. We have an Autosleeper Ravenna, registered in 2004.
Fresh water tank capacity is 60 litres.
Waste water tank capacity is 50 litres.

Brisey.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
accuracy of tank gauges....

mine are empty.......definataly empty.
fresh tank drained and pipework blown through with compressed air.

black and grey tanks definately empty...both of them drain through a 3" hose so no doubt about it.

however....

fresh tank gauge shows over 1/2 full

black tank shows 1/4 full

grey tank shows 1/2 full.

to check the capacity of your fuel tank shouldn't be a problem...ask your base vehicle dealer.....the converter wont go to the expense of changing fuel tanks for no reason and they have nothing to gain by changing it really.

i would say 70/80 ltrs is about right and it depends how your folks are driving it....drive like a car and the fuel consumption will suffer badly....high speed, rapid acceleration etc.

you soon learn the best driving technique for economy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back