Auto sleeper duetto - 2005

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by journeyman, Feb 22, 2013.

1. journeyman

journeyman Read Only Funster

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

We had a 2003 Duetto which should be same as 2005 model.

A great little van for 2 people and you can get into most parking places due to compact size.

Any problems or servicing we had dealt with at Autosleeper Service Center next to the factory in the Cotswolds.

3. journeyman

Many thanks.

How did you find the insulation? thats something thats quite poor on the tributes. I am quite attracted by the size. Only two of us and the Mutt.

If i'm honest the price is something to be worked on, but comparisons with other Duettos seems similar.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I don't recall any particular problems with insulation but like most pvc's they are probably not designed for Arctic conditions but the small interior is quite easy to keep warm.

• Like Like x 1
  5. journeyman

6. duane0001

duane0001 Read Only Funster

What i will say about the Fiats over the Transits is that the Fiats are fully galvanised where as the transits are not,
    This makes them much more suited to making them into motorhome and that the ducato is the widest panal van available keeping its width all the way to the top

7. gasman2008

gasman2008 Read Only Funster

We have a 2006 Duetto ice, very pleased with it, small enough to drive almost anywhere but big enough to be inside when camping in bad weather. We are a couple with a dog and have plenty of room. Don't use it much in the winter so not sure about the insulation, but suspect it is not great if it's really cold. The layout is good and although it has only 3 forward facing seats 3 more can sit on the bench seat as sideways seats do not require a seatbelt, just insured it as a 5 seater.

8. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

we had a talbot rambler by autosleepers and it was warm as toast inside with the propex running even in the coldest weather i cant imagine the standards of insulation has changed much

9. MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome Read Only Funster

We owned a similar silver Duetto 2005. Great van, we loved it. Although a little drafty - nothing that could not be sorted. Holds its price. :thumb: