Auto shut down wire

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Baycott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Baycott

Baycott Funster

I am about to install a satellite dish and the instructions state that for for automatic closing of the dish when starting the engine, the yellow wire must be connected to '+15 vehicle line'.
    Apparently, it should carry a voltage (I assume 12vDC) when engine is on and no voltage when engine is off.
    Can anybody tell me where I can pick up such a feed?
    For info I have a Swift Bolero 684FB

TIA
    John

2. laneside

laneside Funster

often the best place is behind the fridge where it switches to 12 volt when on the move. I must admit Iignored it but of course have to remember to put the dish down before every journey. I guess if you have an auto step there is summat similar

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

On Rapido it is already provided at the satellite or TV connection point in a wardrobe or cupboard. Are you sure yours has no such feature? Usually marked as a D+

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I used the 12v supply to the fridge that is only live when engine on.. 3 amp inline fuse fitted at supply end.

This was very convenient as the dish is mounted above the fridge .. I picked the connection up in the wardrobe next to fridge.

It's worth connecting.. it's all too easy to drive off with a dish up.. did it a few times with a Maxview manual crank up

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Thanks for that. I noticed that, in the cupboard above the fridge there is a false back, having removed the cover I found a plug marked Satellite connection :blush::doh:
    image.jpeg
    It has 3 wires one of which (yellow) is +14v with the engine running (y)
    The decoder has the wires below.
    image.jpeg
    Red, Brown and Yellow. I assume the two yellows should be connected but wonder if it matters which way round the other two go?

• Like Like x 1