Auto sat system and the 'emergency' one ! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have an Oyster on the van but on occasion it is pretty hopeless if we are 'put' somewhere directly behind a tree or some such

This happened just this last weekend and it reminded me to post this info up

When we first got in to motorhoming I bought one of the cheapo sat systems from Aldi.

I still carry it around to this day and often get asked why ! ..

Simple..

Takes less than 5 minutes to get the little dish and LNB out of the bag, attach it to a pole that screws into the ground ( think originally it was meant as a washing tripod support thingy !! ) and bobs your uncle, one sat dish away from the tree and normal service resumed :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Why not ask to be put on a different pitch in the campsite ? I have an Oyster fitted and when I explain the reason most wardens are very obliging ! :Blush: :Blush: :Blush:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Have you considered a chainsaw John??:RollEyes:

We have an Oyster on the van but on occasion it is pretty hopeless if we are 'put' somewhere directly behind a tree or some such

This happened just this last weekend and it reminded me to post this info up

When we first got in to motorhoming I bought one of the cheapo sat systems from Aldi.

I still carry it around to this day and often get asked why ! ..

Simple..

Takes less than 5 minutes to get the little dish and LNB out of the bag, attach it to a pole that screws into the ground ( think originally it was meant as a washing tripod support thingy !! ) and bobs your uncle, one sat dish away from the tree and normal service resumed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!! And yes, I could have easily asked for another pitch and have gotten it.. but I did not ruddy well notice until after I got the awning out, the nets up and all the other malarky operational !

But a couple of weeks ago we was at a site on the Suffolk coast at Dunwich

All pitches were surrounded by trees but I used the portable to set the dish up sort of 'out the back' in a field that backed on to the site :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back