Auto sat system and the 'emergency' one !

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Jaws, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

We have an Oyster on the van but on occasion it is pretty hopeless if we are 'put' somewhere directly behind a tree or some such

This happened just this last weekend and it reminded me to post this info up

When we first got in to motorhoming I bought one of the cheapo sat systems from Aldi.

I still carry it around to this day and often get asked why ! ..

Simple..

Takes less than 5 minutes to get the little dish and LNB out of the bag, attach it to a pole that screws into the ground ( think originally it was meant as a washing tripod support thingy !! ) and bobs your uncle, one sat dish away from the tree and normal service resumed :thumb:

2. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Why not ask to be put on a different pitch in the campsite ? I have an Oyster fitted and when I explain the reason most wardens are very obliging ! :Blush: :Blush: :Blush:

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Have you considered a chainsaw John??:RollEyes:

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

LOL !!! And yes, I could have easily asked for another pitch and have gotten it.. but I did not ruddy well notice until after I got the awning out, the nets up and all the other malarky operational !

But a couple of weeks ago we was at a site on the Suffolk coast at Dunwich

All pitches were surrounded by trees but I used the portable to set the dish up sort of 'out the back' in a field that backed on to the site :thumb: