Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi folks, I'm after a bit of advice/knowledge from you all in regards to auto levelling systems.

I'm personally very interested in opting for this luxury accessory. I'm one of those types that like the M/H to be as level as possible; in fact I drive my wife around the bend when parking and we've already had one argument over us not being quite level:whistle:

We very rarely stay on-sites, opting more for Brit Stops or other unconventional places to stay. I like the idea of being able to pull up virtually anywhere, press a button and be level in a matter of minutes.

My question and maybe a stupid one;
1. Those that have had it fitted, have you considered you could have lived without it and saved yourselves £5K or is it money well spent?

2. Those that don't have it, would you have it fitted if the cost wasn't so great?

Thank you in advance for your input(y)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Have it fitted and love it. Could we have lived without - yes. (Glad we don't though!) Is it money well spent - again yes,

Dave

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Yes we have it. It is good but does have its limitations in the amount of slope it can cope with which can be frustrating especially if like me you have no blocks. Would like the ones that RVers use in USA but no one seems to import them.
Money well spent? That is a question that can be asked about motorhomes completely. Would I buy again - yes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Yes glad we had it fitted. Had VB air at the same time. The van is much more stable and its so easy to use. Being transferred to our new van. If you can afford it then do it. Not sure who fits in your area but we used Graham at Courtside Conversions in Tiverton.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had them fitted and yes we could live without them but so pleased we have them.

I washed the moho roof today and just raised the front so all the cr*p ran off the rearmaking it so much easier as is wheel cleaning because you can turn the wheels ... and I'm almost looking forward to getting a puncture 'cos no need to rely on a jack any more!

Ours is the HPC system fitted by AS AirSuspension near Warrington who I can thoroughly recommend.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Ours came fitted as standard. Excellent, could not be without it, as all plastic levelling wedges crumble under 10.5t and carrying suitable wooden blocks is not really practical.

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We were deeply impressed in France when a outfit pulled up next door.

The driver got out checked he had a satellite signal and auto levelled the van in about 90 seconds.

In this time the wife had a couple of deck chairs out and made the G&T's.

Usually takes us at least 5 minutes :D

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Yes, it really is that simple. Just press auto and let it get on with it. But if you are desperate to play, ours has another seven buttons to push if you have to. :D

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Mine came with it, pretty impressed, would I have paid to have it fitted. oooooooou don't know

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
After 13 vans over 30 years we've never been paranoid about being level. Don't need the extra weight and cost. As long as the fridge door stays steady when open that level. Everyone to there own.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
we had it fitted and would not hesitate to do it again ,no more muddy knees in the rain ,i arrive on site ,grab the controller push the auto button and you are level,there is also a slight advantage on soft ground it stops your tyres sinking into the mud

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had E&P jacks fitted last April.
Once I got over the cost, £4800, I love them.
Pull up, reach beside me for the remote control and we are level in seconds.
No rocking in the wind either.

Richard.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This is our 2nd van and after having it for 18 months we realised it will suit us for the next 5 years maybe longer so worth getting bits now to get the use out of them. Had E&P fitted end of last year, levelling works well, quick and easy and very stable. Not tried yet but we generally get stuck once a year (Chester and France) thought this would assist in getting us out. Not the most important option but we love it.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont really add my "yes go for it" as everybody else seem to have covered it, yes we could live without but why "slum it" if you don't have to. Great for getting boards under to get out of muddy fields and changing wheels as well.

Martin

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Hi, we have just been through the same pondering as yourself! Decided in the end to go for E&P levellers and VB rear full air, both being fitted by Mick at SAP, should be finished today. The sheer convenience convinced us in the end, if you have the means and the payload, I'd go for it!
Bill

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Guess then if you can afford them AND
you intend on keeping the van then go for it plenty of reasons why and no negatives as such. My van has most bells and whistles but in my case justifying the cost

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had EP jacking and VB Semi air to rear well worth it all done at Courtside Conversions last year.
If you can afford it go for it.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Thank you to you all for your informative posts. I'm amazed at how many of you actually have had it installed and it's reassuring to know you feel it was money spent.

I had rear air assistance fitted a couple of weeks ago by AS Airsuspension and was very impressed by the service offered by Phil, Cath and John, as well as the professionalism of the install. AS offer the HPC system, as fitted to @icantremember M/H. Phil demonstrated the system fitted to their own M/H and I was really impressed by the speed in which it levelled their 8m rig; I also liked the digital control screen.

It's show time next week and I understand the major players are exhibiting, so it will give me an opportunity to view and compare the options on the market.

It looks as though the savings are going to get a bashing, just need to convince Mrs J that it's better spent rather than getting a measly return in interest:D

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Had E&P jacks fitted last April.
Once I got over the cost, £4800, I love them.

If you don't mind me asking, did that cost include air suspension? Or was that just for the levelling kit?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Cost me nearer 10k
Wife wanted bi folding doors for the house in exchange for me having E&Ps

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I'd quite fancy having that fitted, I'm also a bit of a stickler for being level and sometimes it's difficult to succeed, I do get a bit wound up when the water isn't draining away as quick as it should because of the inclination :whistle:.
The trouble is we have a bit of a list, I'd like black alloys, other arf would like a satellite system, it's easy to spend it!

OP
OP
Hellski

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Cost me nearer 10k
Wife wanted bi folding doors for the house in exchange for me having E&Ps
Was that for air and levellers?

Fortunately, it looks as though it will just cost me a pair of boots......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back