LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Hi all, A good friend of mine (and a future funster)is looking to buy a 2001 autocruise wentworth 2 berth,apart from all the usual checks, is there anything in particular to look out for, looks a nice van , is there a owners club? Thanks
:thumb:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi all, A good friend of mine (and a future funster)is looking to buy a 2001 autocruise wentworth 2 berth,apart from all the usual checks, is there anything in particular to look out for, looks a nice van , is there a owners club? Thanks

Yes the Autocruisers Club are still around unlike the firm who were taken over by Swift and the larger motorhomes are no longer produced. :Sad:

They were very good vans in their day and we lliked the one we had, which had a Luton. (I think the design changed around 2003/4.)

He may have problems with spares .......O'learys may still carry them.

I'm sure someone on here will be along with more technical knowledge

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Your friend will be very happy with a Wentworth, we were.
They were a well designed and sturdy van put together by people who cared.
We now have a Bentley Donongton which is identical to the Wentworh apart from
more modern fittings. We have owned 11 motorhomes and this is the only one
that my toolbox hasn't been used very often at all. Great van and a pity they went bust, again and again.
Selling mine after we return from Australia in April if interested.
Wilf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
We bought ours from Tyne Valley Motorhomes last year. It has the Eberspacher Diesel heating/hot water fitted, so far so very good. A spacious van for 2. It does seem to be very well made, the Peugeot diesel engine has some oomph and for it's size seems to be okay economy wise.
Cheers
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back