Austria (1 Viewer)

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
We stayed near Innsbruck and lakeside at Zell am Zee. Lovely part of the world, sites were clean and well run. Plenty to see, try the Gross` Highway over the Alps, visit the Glacier return via Lienz and Tunnel to Innsbruck. Read up on current vignette / go box - police check and are strict. We went during the last hot summer but believe you can have a wet time there that maybe a downside.

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Beautiful country. Especially driving through the Dolomites. Did not pay a penny on tolls. always on the country roads. Always wild camped. Warwick has also given excellent advice. You will need to know your way around to avoid problems. Fortunately, I have no problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

quicksam

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Kiskunhalas - Hungary
Funster No
Exp
4 years
Has anyone camped in Austria, if so where, and what did you think?

Hi roadtraveller,
Travelled through Austria in May this year, on the way to our annual Hungarian spa trip. Autria is a very nice country, very scenic and clean, food etc was quite expensive though.
A vignette (available at the border) for a 3.5t motorhome was 7.50 euros.
Stopped on a campsite at a place called Spital am Pyhrm not too far away from the motorway system, the site was run by a young(ish) couple who spent their spare time off road motorcycling.
The country is well worth a visit IMO.:thumb::Smile:

Spital am Pyhyrm, Austria.
Link Removed

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
In the early 90s we (missus, myself our two kids and the son of a friend, all early to mid-teens :whatthe:) stayed at Natterersee camp site just outside of Innsbruck in our Dandy. We thought it was wonderful.
We had planned on returning last year as part of our 'Germany' trip, but ran out of time. Oh well - some other time perhaps.

Love Austria:thumb:

John

olli 630L

Free Member
Feb 2, 2008
northants
Funster No
Exp
started may 07
we are planning 2 winter sking trips to soll austria

great place , toll free route all the way

and the beer gets colder as you go down the glass

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
roadtraveller

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Thanks for all the replies, just got back from a coach trip staying at Lake Fuschl, and visited Halstatt and Saltzburg, and I was just saying to O/H I would love to take the van there sometime, will have to do my homework, for next year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back