Rally Chat Austria (2 Viewers)

Mar 29, 2016
Connahs quay Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Does anyone have any experience of travelling to the Zell-am-see area of Austria? We are going there in June, travelling Dover-Calais then through France towards Switzerland. We are looking for suggestions regarding best routes, stopovers, must see places etc. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I may be going to the same place (with MCC?). I plan to cross on 9th then drive through Belgium, Germany and stop off at Luxembourg for 2 nights then Augsburg for 2 nights before arriving Zell on the Monday. Apparently the route in avoids motorways in Austria so no Go Box and using Belgium & Germany should avoid French tolls. Not that I am tight :) Happy to provide details of the sites I plan to stay at if that would help?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Mar 29, 2016
Connahs quay Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Sounds like the same place with MCC (sportcamp Woferlgut) we don't go until 11th. and intend to follow the toll-free route in Austria but are open to suggestions regarding routes. Details of your trip would be appreciated. Normally in France we don't use toll roads and have travelled from north to south with no problems, better scenery and more options to stop off if we see somewhere we like. Guess we'll see you in Austria, look for the Welsh flag!

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I haven't finally decided what route to take but google maps gives an option that goes Calais to Lille, (or Brussels) Chaleroi, (or Namur) Luxembourg, then A6/A3/A13 to the A8 to Landau to Karlsruhe, past Ulm, stay over at Augsburg, then round the north of Munich, down the 8 to the Austrian border, in via Oberaudorf, Erpfendorf, Sallfelden down to Zell.

I reckon 3 days driving, with 2 days to visit Luxembourg and Augsburg gets us there Monday pm (hopefully)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Your route will be influenced by what you are trying to achieve: Quickest, most Economical, or more Scenic. Route planners simply tend to only provide Quickest or Shortest but I look for things of interest along the way when on holiday, even to the point of making a detour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back