Apr 26, 2012
lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
since 2006
:Cool:
Has anybody any information on motorhoming in Austria, and Slovenia, we will be going in September 2013

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You will need the fees paying to use main roads - I am vague as I beleive they have automated it and changed it - but do look for toll fees in austria. I am sure someone wil enlighten you shortly.

Roads can be quite pot-holed in places, so secure everything. If you are going August/september I would advise possibly fitting some winter tyres. Purely becuase this is roughly the time the winter starts in Austria and law requires winter tyres. The season starts when the Fohn wind blows - it will snow within 24hours of it.

Salzburg is a lovely little place - well worth a visit. Lots of history there, and some great food. Rains quite a bit though, so take a brolly! Mozart grew up there, and you can see his house. Also the home of Sound of Music, Heidi and so on - (we had the tour guide!) along with a few action films.

Countryside is fantastic, stunningly beautiful. Some things can be quite pricey though, others surprisingly are not.

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
I recommend Link Removed.

It is an excellent site in a beautiful location, you can walk to the local village in about 10-15mins uphill there down on the way back. St Anton is only about a 5 minute drive, you can catch a summer cable car from there up the mountain.

There is a sports club on the site, you can use the pool for free!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
You could read my blog as we visited Slovenia last year. We are 4500kg and if you are over 3500kg you only pay for toll roads if you use them quite easy not to use them as plenty of alternatives. Also did some wild camping. If under 3500 kg just call in at a petrol station after you cross the borderland buy a vignette from the counter. Can't comment on Austria as bypassed that but did buy a vignette in Switzerland

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Just for clarity, don't fit winter tires if you're in Austria this August as you'll probably just melt them, well at least run them down pretty quick in the summer conditions. You don't need them as a legality on normal roads although insurance companies from those countries do insist on it, for a UK insurer you'd have to ask but I doubt it.

If you do pass through CH then yes you'll need a vignette.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back