Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
Just bought a new atlas at Peterborough (£3 for 2014 Europe...bargain! ) However it says go box needed for expressways as well as motorways. Going to do recommended route ....Fussen to Northern Italy via fern pass . Can we do this in a 5 tonne motorhome without any charges please?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes non toll route fine!:)

"toll free go up into Belgium and then head across to Karlsruhe. Don’t think there is a “best route for that, too many alternatives. Take your pick!
Then to Ulm and Fussen, and take the non toll route through Austria via Reutte and Nessereith (Fernpass), and then to Imst, Landeck, Pfunds, and Nauders for the Reschenpass. Then Merano, Bolzano and Trento to Verona. He can exit west for whichever part of lake Garda he wants to reach. Merano to Bolzano is good dual carriageway. Bolzano south he can use either A22 or SS12. Italian autostradae are relatively cheap, and most non-autostrada roads are slow, so I’d go for the motorways in Italy."

OP
OP
MrsBB

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
Thanks everyone. This forum never fails me and I'd be lost without it!

Apr 10, 2014
glasgow
Funster No
MH
iveco conversion
Exp
going to dolomites in may. looking to come back different route as going from amsterdam and Brenner Pass on way down. Can see the SS38 coming out NW of Bozen, Bolzano. Then onto SS40. Looks highly scary, has anyone done this route?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back