Austria anyone?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by The Dude, Sep 23, 2013.

1. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Now on Camping Nattersee near Innsbruck, Austria - quite a few UK vans on site but don't see any yellow smiley stickers - any Funsters nearby?
    This is a stunning site which I think a funster recommended - so whoever you are thank you. Staying for 3 days, maybe longer, it's sooooooooo good.

:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Austria, anyone.

"Staying for three days, maybe longer, it's soooooo good,"

Will take your word for it, and someday will get there too. A few decades ago, a funny little man with a moustache who also entertained dreams of a grand tour of Europe probably said something similar!

erfreuen sie sich.

gary

3. Phill D

Phill D

just had a look at its web site.. looks great :thumb:
    then
    i looked at the price list :Eeek:

green tax E2.50, tourist tax E1.00 per night then E4.50 for a dog.:Eeek:

total 2 adults + a dog standard pitch with EHU E36.00 per night "mid season" :Doh:

WOW, hope the weather is kind to you :thumb:

4. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

Stayed there 20 years ago, beautiful site, watch my two girls go blue from the cold water from the swimming lake, they were having so much fun they didn't notice:Laughing: I also like the two nearby villages Mutters and Natters, must go for another visit soon:thumb:

5. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Austria is not a cheap place! Everything is premium priced. A Traditional Austrian made Jumper we saw in a shop there had a price tag of (in gbp) £640!:Eeek:

We had a guide around Salzburg who was a snip at 500e an hour, which is what our host had paid for the tour!

But it is lovely!

6. lindylou

lindylou Funster

We loved it there. Don't forget there is a free bus into Innsbruck and the Innsbruck card is worthwhile

Lin

7. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Think it was myself that recommended it to you we loved the site when we stopped over on way to Lake Garda, have you had a look in the kids wash area and showers above reception. Word of caution make sure theres no kids in them :Rofl1::Rofl1:

would also recommend a trip up the mountain on the lift stunning views but take a jumper as there was snow up there in july.

8. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Yes, Austria is expensive however, for the facilities here, I think 23.50 euro per night (ACSI rate) for a huge pitch overlooking the lake, water and 16 amp on pitch, shower/toilet facilities better than a 5 star hotel for 2 people and 1 dog is more than worth it. A few days ago in Italy we were charged 24 euro on a 'Eco' site for 1 night on a sloping field with awful toilet blocks and no other facilities. I'm happy and hubby is over the moon (despite the oven door falling off yesterday and the strut on his bed braking last night).
    :thumb::Smile:

9. Trev Massey

Trev Massey Read Only Funster

I have to say that we didn't find Austria that expensive in comparison. That said, we travelled there AFTER Switzerland which is probably the most expensive place on the face of the earth! France is extortion in parts and most definitely as far as the tolls are concerned (140€ in one day!!) Austria & Germany (Certainly fuel prices) were relatively cheap and Italy is sort of middle of the road thus far. Its off to Sicily tomorrow for us, so we will see how that compares, hopefully the remnants of "Cyclone Penelope" will have buggered off! :Doh:

10. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

We had two nights there last year on the way home from Garda.
    Lovely site, great facilities.
    I recommended it to Ivy and Sandy.
    Will definitely call there again.

11. talaris

talaris Read Only Funster

Stayed there in the summer for a week. Big site, bit officious, but isn't everywhere in Austria. We stayed there after Switzerland and it was a bargain in comparison.

Try the pizzas from the takeaway, they are really good.