Austria anyone? (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Now on Camping Nattersee near Innsbruck, Austria - quite a few UK vans on site but don't see any yellow smiley stickers - any Funsters nearby?
This is a stunning site which I think a funster recommended - so whoever you are thank you. Staying for 3 days, maybe longer, it's sooooooooo good.

::bigsmile:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Austria, anyone.

"Staying for three days, maybe longer, it's soooooo good,"

Will take your word for it, and someday will get there too. A few decades ago, a funny little man with a moustache who also entertained dreams of a grand tour of Europe probably said something similar!

erfreuen sie sich.

gary

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just had a look at its web site.. looks great :thumb:
then
i looked at the price list :Eeek:

green tax E2.50, tourist tax E1.00 per night then E4.50 for a dog.:Eeek:

total 2 adults + a dog standard pitch with EHU E36.00 per night "mid season" :Doh:

WOW, hope the weather is kind to you :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Stayed there 20 years ago, beautiful site, watch my two girls go blue from the cold water from the swimming lake, they were having so much fun they didn't notice:roflmto: I also like the two nearby villages Mutters and Natters, must go for another visit soon:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
just had a look at its web site.. looks great :thumb:
then
i looked at the price list :Eeek:

green tax E2.50, tourist tax E1.00 per night then E4.50 for a dog.:Eeek:

total 2 adults + a dog standard pitch with EHU E36.00 per night "mid season" :Doh:

WOW, hope the weather is kind to you :thumb:

Austria is not a cheap place! Everything is premium priced. A Traditional Austrian made Jumper we saw in a shop there had a price tag of (in gbp) £640!:Eeek:

We had a guide around Salzburg who was a snip at 500e an hour, which is what our host had paid for the tour!

But it is lovely!

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Now on Camping Nattersee near Innsbruck, Austria - quite a few UK vans on site but don't see any yellow smiley stickers - any Funsters nearby?
This is a stunning site which I think a funster recommended - so whoever you are thank you. Staying for 3 days, maybe longer, it's sooooooooo good.

We loved it there. Don't forget there is a free bus into Innsbruck and the Innsbruck card is worthwhile

Lin

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Hi Think it was myself that recommended it to you we loved the site when we stopped over on way to Lake Garda, have you had a look in the kids wash area and showers above reception. Word of caution make sure theres no kids in them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

would also recommend a trip up the mountain on the lift stunning views but take a jumper as there was snow up there in july.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Yes, Austria is expensive however, for the facilities here, I think 23.50 euro per night (ACSI rate) for a huge pitch overlooking the lake, water and 16 amp on pitch, shower/toilet facilities better than a 5 star hotel for 2 people and 1 dog is more than worth it. A few days ago in Italy we were charged 24 euro on a 'Eco' site for 1 night on a sloping field with awful toilet blocks and no other facilities. I'm happy and hubby is over the moon (despite the oven door falling off yesterday and the strut on his bed braking last night).
:thumb::Smile:

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
I have to say that we didn't find Austria that expensive in comparison. That said, we travelled there AFTER Switzerland which is probably the most expensive place on the face of the earth! France is extortion in parts and most definitely as far as the tolls are concerned (140€ in one day!!) Austria & Germany (Certainly fuel prices) were relatively cheap and Italy is sort of middle of the road thus far. Its off to Sicily tomorrow for us, so we will see how that compares, hopefully the remnants of "Cyclone Penelope" will have buggered off! :Doh:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We had two nights there last year on the way home from Garda.
Lovely site, great facilities.
I recommended it to Ivy and Sandy.
Will definitely call there again.

talaris

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class Dethleffs
Exp
since 2011
Stayed there in the summer for a week. Big site, bit officious, but isn't everywhere in Austria. We stayed there after Switzerland and it was a bargain in comparison.

Try the pizzas from the takeaway, they are really good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back