Austerity Cytrac (1 Viewer)

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Im hoping to get some advice from you more knowledgeable people.
End of April 2015 I had a new Qyster Cytrac satellite dish fitted. Whilst cleaning the roof of my MH I raised the dish so I could clean that also. After climbing back on the roof again I was shocked to find that the powder coating was starting to flake away from one of the channels.
I've informed the supplier and installer but they have not returned my e-mail or telephone call.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and what outcome I should expect from the supplier/installer
Colin

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If it's really the Austerity version, they probably didn't have enough resin to go with the powder....

Sorry, no help was I?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
image.jpeg
Cytrac.jpg

I hope I've done this right never uploaded an image before. This is were the powder coating is takeing.

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
We've got a Cytrac and ours is fine. Nearly 2 years old now. Is the roller free that runs in the guide that's pitted?

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Chipster Thanks for your reply. To be honest I have never checked, why would I!!! There is nothing in the instructions to do so. But I will later. Thanks for the heads up.
Colin

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Why did you have a supplier and an installer?

You now run the risk of being piggy in the middle, between the wo

However, it is "most likely" to be a manufacturing fault, not an installation issue so you wil need to chase the product supplier.

I would always suggest that you get any product installed from the Company you buy it from, otherwise you run the risk of "it's was fine when we supplied it, they damaged it when they installed it"

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does it actually affect anything? just looks bad, accepted, but only if you are up on the roof

I do understand your disappointment, but can't see you getting much joy from either parties, unless of course the dish now doesn't move properly

I am constantly amazed at the number of rusty brackets you see on rear camera systems, I cant believe someone cant make a better job of that, especially something that is going to be seen so easily

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Thank you eddievanbitz and DavidG58
First it was installer that told me to inform his supplier to see what he said about it. Why? But I did not had a reply from me email.
Telephoned the installer again telling him of the response I have had from his supplier. He informed me he is meeting with his supplier today at Peterborough MH show.
I purchased and have a receipt from the installer for the full amount plus fitting. The system, taken from the manufacturers website is guaranteed for three years.
Second I agree about the rear camera brackets every motorhome I have had I have always had to clean and repaint the bracket after 12 months.
This time i'm going to make one out of stainless steel/aluminium.
Thank you for your input, much appreciated.
Colin

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If the fitter also supplied the dish and your receipt shows purchase and fitting, then it's his responsibility. The Provision of Goods and Services Act is the one to quote to him.
If he chooses to take the matter up with who supplied him, that is his concern.
It must be fit for purpose, if not, and you say it has a three year warranty, then the fitter should replace it.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why??
Did he buy from them?

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Thank you Geo
I don't know if he bought it from them. I just dealt with the installer direct at his premises. At this moment in time I am not going to name anyone.
Colin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think there is some cross referencing going on above, as has been said the fitted is also the supplier so has sole responsibility for this, but he may then in turn be dependent on reaction from his supplier

I am guessing that Chipster having a similar unit knows the actual manufacturer, hence the suggestion to go directly to them

If it still works I fear you may not get very far with this, although I would also be asking (y)

I also noticed the rust on the silver metal fitting in your photo, another indication of cheap materials maybe :(

OP
OP
D
Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Hi Chipster
I checked the rollers and they both revolve when the dish goes up on down
Thanks for your input.