aussie family new to motorhome -travelling 12months (1 Viewer)

Loopy from Oz

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
Rimor SKY 51
Exp
since march 2016
Hi all
Firstly I love this forum & have found it very useful.
My husband & our 2 sons, 6 & 4yrs old are travelling France at present. Our first time in a motorhome & are currently heading south for the sun.
we have already seen the Loire & are now heading down the Rhone to Avignon & Arles.
anyone with tips for young children - i e- best playgrounds/ skate parks - would be great.

we are staying at aires and France Passion sites & the guide books do not include this info.
thanks and G'day from some Aussies.
ps- Instagram users follow us on - loopyand3_in_a_rv

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome sounds like a wonderful trip for you and your family! Local tourist informations often have maps and details of activities in the local area.
Have a great trip!:hiya2::WelcomeFlag::france:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello and welcome sounds like a wonderful trip for you and your family! Local tourist informations often have maps and details of activities in the local area.
Have a great trip!:hiya2::WelcomeFlag::france:
Welcome to you all, and hope you are having a lovely trip. Another vote for the local tourist information offices - always really helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! If you want kids' play stuff then many campsites have them but generally only the private ones, not municipals from my experience but I am sure there will be exceptions.

For aires I can only suggest choosing ones near parks, Google maps and Streetview might help.

Or just buy buckets and spades and stay next to beaches. It is warming up! :)

And why not start a thread on here describing your travels? You will get good suggestions from folk on places to visit and what to see.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Lots of towns and villages in France have play parks and some have skateboarding areas too. My local town Riberac in Dordogne has one, couple of hundred metres from the Aire too.
Always look for a lake when you're in France. They usually have a beach area and there'll be a playground not far away.
In any French town look for the Tourisme ( Tourist info office) or you can always ask at a Mairie--- they are the font of all knowledge in France.

Enjoy your travels --- what a great experience for your children.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

Loopy from Oz

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
france
Funster No
MH
Rimor SKY 51
Exp
since march 2016
thanks guys you are all sounding like a barrel of laughs… i may need to upgrade my wifi….cause i will be reading too much of the updates on here : )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back