Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
After a year of thinking, talking, visiting shows and research, we've finally found our first motorhome, a Hymer B584 first registered in 2000; Aunt Flo. Although pretty early on we decided we wanted a Hymer she's not the model or year we thought we wanted. However some very good advice from Sue and Bob LeResche at Bundesvan made us realise that she's perfect for our very first motorhome. At just under 6 metres long and 2.2 wide she's fairly manoeuvrable and is less than half the price we were thinking of paying. We pick her up in two weeks and we can't wait!

OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
Glad you've found your perfect motorhome. You might want to change the name though!

Aunt Flo is a popular euphemism referring to the menstrual cycle :LOL:
I knew that :) Luckily the upholstery isn't red...sorry menfolk!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
Now that's what I call salesmanship.
On the contrary. They talked us down from a more expensive purchase I can't recommend them highly enough

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! I guess Aunt Flo is a "left hooker" to pile on the euphemisms. Perfect for Europe, are you planning to go there? :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
Welcome! I guess Aunt Flo is a "left hooker" to pile on the euphemisms. Perfect for Europe, are you planning to go there? :)
Absolutely, and yes her left hook is one of her more endearing features!

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi & Big Welcome from the Isle of Wight, glad you've found the Hymer , bet you can't wait!! Shame the weather isn't better so you can get out & camp, but I bet it won't be long before you have days out & about trying 7 testing bits out in Aunt Flo. ENJOY !!
Terry & Ann + ASBO the cocker .

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hello and welcome enjoy your van we used Bundesvan ourselves this year they were very professional and did all the work for us and also saved us a lot of money.
Top marks BVS as they are now called

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well done - exciting times ahead.:clap:

We had a couple of trips down to Bundesvan when it was Nick.....who was great, glad to hear the new folk are carrying on in the same way.

I think one or two folk have that model on here.

Happy & safe travels:smiley:

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well done - exciting times ahead.:clap:

We had a couple of trips down to Bundesvan when it was Nick.....who was great, glad to hear the new folk are carrying on in the same way.

I think one or two folk have that model on here.

Happy & safe travels:smiley:
@Debs We actually dealt with Nick a really nice bloke I think he still has some input there even now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
Kait,

Enjoy your new home, I also have a 584, my second one (y)

Norman.
Apparently ours was one of the vans produced for the Dusseldorf Salon millennium show, with futuristic details like computer terminals! Probably completely obsolete now. While we were there another identical 584 turned up which Bob and Sue sold earlier this year. The delightful lady owner invited us in and we were able to sit and chat with her and really get a feel for it. She loves it!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kait

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
@Debs We actually dealt with Nick a really nice bloke I think he still has some input there even now.
Yes, he helps them collect from Germany sometimes and also inspects prospective vans in Germany if he's in the area. Bob and Sue bought several vans from him over the years and used to help him at shows etc. so they go back a long way.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back