Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Retrofestival AKA WINGS (Newbury Show Ground) (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Trying to plan rallies & Retrofestival looks great but clashes with Malvern next year as both 12-14 August :xsad: Does anyone know if RVOC/Fun are planning to rally at Retrofestival? Can see that Landy Lover is probably the one to contact but don't want to PM him as so near Xmas.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Retrofestival was great for us this year but as an event not a rally!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Couldn't make this year, but will probably go next year. Still a bit concerned it may have lost it's unique appeal as a small festival it had before moving to Newberry, liked to old venue apart from the approach through narrow lanes with stone walls.

If no Fun group we will camp with our dancing crowd.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Landy lover Will there be a Retrofestival Rally again this year please? If so looks like it clashes with Malvern :( but plenty of Funsters to support both hopefully.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Definitely and this year is bigger better and more fun than last years - lots more going on and all being well a Sky TV spectacular with an attempted world record bike jump. You are right though there are I think 4 or 5 shows/rallies which clash this year . We already have a strong RV contingent committed to Retro - we have a meeting with the organisers in February and I will be posting full details after that - one good thing I can tell you already -- the price has not gone up !!!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great to hear that RVOC / Fun can rally there this year as having looked at their website http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ it looks like a great venue with lots going on. Also the rally price is a good saving over website prices (y) Worth noting for anyone not going to the Balloon Festival (MCC rally) or Malvern - such a shame that these clash as would be great to be able to do them all...

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Landy Lover
Can you put my name down for the retrofestival please.mthanks

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Forgive my naivety but can anyone tell me how to pm somebody on here as we want to go to this event!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Forgive my naivety but can anyone tell me how to pm somebody on here as we want to go to this event!
More info. on this thread about this years Retro Festival here http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/retro-festival-newbury-2016.122484/
PM by clicking on members picture then on "start a conversation" for private message or put @ followed by member name e.g. @Targetpaster then select from dropdown to alert member to what you have posted on a thread. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Click on their name or avatar at the side of a post , in the pop up box click on "start a conversation".
OR
Click on "inbox" on top right of screen then select "start a conversation" then type in the username.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Their website is live again now & although not all finished it gives a good idea of what it will be like this year http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/ :) For anyone thinking of booking don't forget that their will be a RVOC/Fun rally there this year at reduced camping cost organised by Landy lover - see earlier posts on this thread. This clashes with the Malvern rally & the weekend of the Bristol Balloon Festival but still possible to do Thursday day & night with Night Glow at Bristol at either Parsonage Farm or Cotham RFC then Retro Festival(y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just bumping this so anyone thinking of booking rallies can see Retrofestival is another option for 12-14 August this year for Funsters.
Sure @Landy lover will be posting his thread shortly so anyone interested can book at the reduced RVOC/Fun rally rate (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back