Rally [Aug 6, 2015] Bristol Balloon Fiesta Funster Rally. (Brsitol) (1 Viewer)

G1YDQ

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
Polperro
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
since 2005
We are looking to book up using the form but wondering if dogs are allowed on the site as we have 2 small dogs that travel with us? Thank you , regards John and Denise.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We are looking to book up using the form but wondering if dogs are allowed on the site as we have 2 small dogs that travel with us? Thank you , regards John and Denise.

Dropped you a pm John.

Regards,

Trikeman.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Dropped you a pm John.

Regards,

Trikeman.

Please tell us all what you said

I never thought to ask about dogs

I hope that standard rules apply, on leads, well behaved, not to be left in vans, pick up, don't exercise on pitch

Or they are not allowed :(:(

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

I hope that standard rules apply, on leads, well behaved, not to be left in vans, pick up, don't exercise on pitch

It was on the original thread David, and as you assumed, I haven't seen anything different.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

David, sorry. Have answered it on original thread just thought John missed it. Yes dogs are allowed, the usual clean up after them and under control as there is livestock on adjacent feilds.
Dogs are very welcome - my two staffies are sitting here now looking forward to the fiesta.

Regards,

Trikeman.

G1YDQ

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
Polperro
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
since 2005
Well Kev, all done, just off to post the form and "kite" to the rugby club. Just hope we have not left it too late. I really, do need to get me head around the site, so that I don't have to worry any one.
Thanks for your help

Very kind regards,

John.

Last edited:

G1YDQ

Free Member
Oct 24, 2014
Polperro
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
since 2005
I just hope the last "post" to Kev went, tis doing me head, bring back the "slate and a bit of chalk"

John.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Welcome G1YDQ - it should be a good rally :)We are a friendly bunch on Fun so everyone can ask anything (almost!) & someone will always have the answer.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Welcome G1YDQ - it should be a good rally :)We are a friendly bunch on Fun so everyone can ask anything (almost!) & someone will always have the answer.
Very true, and if you're lucky you may even get a right answer somewhere in all the replies :D
Only kidding, a better bunch of folk you couldn't wish for :)

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
dont worry be happy la la, welcome to your first and def not your last rally .and most of all WELCOME to fun

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
ok we have confirmation now for some reason it was in dianes emails which she hadnt opened as she didnt know what it was

Fear not Mitzimad, you are on the list and booked in.(y)

Anyone else received confirmations that are not on the list? We have one or two on the list who have not confirmed above - please press confirm.
Ta!

Trikeman? ;)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Booking form and cheque:eek: in the post. :crying1:First Class!:crying1:
First 'Rally'. Be Gentle please, we're ever so shy:sneaky:. We're both looking forward to it.(y)
Yay - somehow I don't think you are that shy! Good to have you form part of our merry bunch for the Funster invasion of the Festival:D
Be warned though rallying is very addictive especially with Funsters:party3:
Anyone else out there who wants to take the plunge & try a rally for the first time?

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well, what a list of names, quality field; I'd love to put my name down but having sold Knobby and delivering it up to LUNDIN tomorrow I'd feel a lot happier if I'd at least found if not purchased my next MoHo and had a delivery date in mind.

Don't forget to take your reclining chairs or you'll all have stiff necks on day two..............:cooler:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, what a list of names, quality field; I'd love to put my name down but having sold Knobby and delivering it up to LUNDIN tomorrow I'd feel a lot happier if I'd at least found if not purchased my next MoHo and had a delivery date in mind.

Don't forget to take your reclining chairs or you'll all have stiff necks on day two..............:cooler:
Thought that's what you got when you don't take enough water with the little blue pills :cool: (Shall I just go now.............:getmecoat:?)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thought that's what you got when you don't take enough water with the little blue pills :cool: (Shall I just go now.............:getmecoat:?)
Can anyone else remember the hot air balloon owned by the market stall erector company called Spook Erection? We always looked out for that one flying over Brislington! Funny but I can't find any images of it on t'internet!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Can anyone else remember the hot air balloon owned by the market stall erector company called Spook Erection? We always looked out for that one flying over Brislington! Funny but I can't find any images of it on t'internet!
Nope :LOL: :Eeek:
We always used to get the ladybird one over where we lived before, also a pastel chequered one, which looked like it was on one of the clips - is each one unique do you know ?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
In the late 80s early 90s we used to get 100s of them flying over our house on the edge of Bristol nearly every weekend in the summer. Cameron Balloons is in Bedminster, Bristol, and they made balloons of all shapes and sizes. The corporate ones were brilliant, Chubb Fire extinguishers, Sonic the Hedgehog etc. They seem to have reverted to the classic balloon shape now - probably too expensive for companies to splash out on now!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
In the late 80s early 90s we used to get 100s of them flying over our house on the edge of Bristol nearly every weekend in the summer. Cameron Balloons is in Bedminster, Bristol, and they made balloons of all shapes and sizes. The corporate ones were brilliant, Chubb Fire extinguishers, Sonic the Hedgehog etc. They seem to have reverted to the classic balloon shape now - probably too expensive for companies to splash out on now!
Wow - must have been amazing :D Is that why the festival started where it did - something to do with the manufacturer?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, the first 'small gathering' was in September 1979, and I think they have been unsuccessfully trying get a perfect weekend weatherwise ever since! I remember our first one in 1993 when our Rob was about 2 years old - it was sunny on the Saturday at least! Hopefully they have picked the right weekend this year! (y)

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
There have been castle, house, Homer Simpson, bee, fire extinguisher, superman, skydiver, batman, bat, shuttle, Tesco trolly, van, car, truck shaped balloons over the years take off from Ashton Court. I think as Cameron Balloons (manufacturer) is pretty close it's probably one of the reasons the fiesta has (pardon the pun) taken off here.
There have been some really spectacular mass ascents from the fiesta, seen most from the train on my way into work the last several years. Get up really early on ascent days, I think they kick off about 5.30 - 6.00 am.:Eeek: The best ascent I saw was on a very clear and still day, very little wind which meant they could all get up and the mass was enormous before they slowly went to the East once they got high enough to catch a small breeze - spectacular.

What do we think about (when we get nearer the date) organising a barbeque evening, one of the evenings where there is no night glow????:clap2:

Could be a giggle :laughing:

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back