Audio System

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by dellwood33, May 7, 2009.

1. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

My McLouis doesn't have a radio/ cassette fitted, so what is the best route for some "In Cab" musical entertainment. I have read through some old posts & see that reception can be a problem.

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

First thing to check is do you have any door or dash mounted speakers
    if not then its a full install, what ever you fit use a new arial fitted to a front wing those short rubber ones work very well
    I personally would choose a head set that has USB functionalityin the front with a single CD player, at the very least you need or should choose something with a front input of some sortso you will be able to plug in your i pod or other storage devises
    Halfords have some reasonable head sets on half price offers this week and offer a reasonable install cost sometimes totally free :thumb:
    Geo

3. Niner Zulu

Niner Zulu Deleted User

I have a Sony, which has Radio, CD, MP3, a "front Aux In" slot, a "USB" slot and "Bluetooth", cost about £200, but gives all the options. Can't remember the model number, but it came from Halfrauds, and they will no doubt advise you of the latest version.

The only thing it doesn't do is make the breakfast !

4. johng

johng Read Only Funster

although it wont set thew world alight in terms of quality, I brought a Boss audio systems unit last week.. (its US but made in China)

£85, has an mp3 disc player which is also a dvd player (can link to the reverse-cam screen when I get around to fitting it)

it has an aux in, which now takes all music from the house side of van (computer mainly)

and also a remote control :) so i can sit back in the van and operate it from there... remote is a good option in a camper van.. card remote not stalk or joystick type...

quite chuffed so far

:thumb:

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

thought for a moment you'de made a typo.......a Bose system..

made in china :Eek!:

for £85 :Eeek::Eeek:

but then i have just got in from work and my eyes aint working properly..wont stay open.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Boo

Boo Read Only Funster

Me too.................I was gonna rent a warehouse to put them all in but then saw it said "Boss" :cry:

I have a JVC KD-AVX44 Exad which has 4" x 2" screen on the front which my rear cam will be connected to (when I buy one)
    It plays DVD's, MP3, DVX ultra, CD's and has digital radio

It has bluetooth (which is handy in a MH) prologic cinema sound (so you can hook up both T.V and Sat system to it) didital surround sound, USB input, motorised faceoff, touchscreen and full remote control.

It was in that van when I bought it...........receipt said they paid £699.00 for it :Eeek:

Must admit it looks the dogs wotsits but very pricey:thumb:

Boo

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i have a radio with a 12cd changer under the seat...no idea what it is (could be a JVC or panasonic ? not that interested) but if i crank up the loud knob it rattles the crockery in the cupboards.:BigGrin:

does the job for me..:thumb: