• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Audi A6.... Got a Lexus instead.. (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
After much looking and tinkering with jags and bmw's (another thread) I've now decided on an Audi A6.

So if anyone has or knows someone who's selling I'll be interested to know, watching auto trader and eBay but thought there might be some out there....

Must be auto, estate, diesel and preferably 2lt... S line would be nice...
Have up to 8.5k so we're talking 08-09 and don't mind some miles on the clock..

What have you...? (y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Really an A6 over a 5 series or an E class?

If you're set on one I think you'll be lucky to find a 2 litre one. That was the smallest and by far the least common engine in the age range you're talking about. Unless you really rag it I don't think the 2.7 or 3 litre V6 is that much more thirsty.

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Really an A6 over a 5 series or an E class?

If you're set on one I think you'll be lucky to find a 2 litre one. That was the smallest and by far the least common engine in the age range you're talking about. Unless you really rag it I don't think the 2.7 or 3 litre V6 is that much more thirsty.

Other half doesn't like the bm and I like the merc c220 but it's got a foot operated hand brake..! So no good for me, unless more money on hand controls..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Can't see a problem with the foot brake on a merc ,never had a problem with leaving them in park . Only ever used main brake when loaded on hgv car transporter never lost one yet! Plus you get the sbc on the merc which gives your right foot a break when in traffic. Must admit would like a c class but load carrying gotta be the eclass

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Cant help you with finding one,but I have the 2lt auto and I love it.
Very economical and goes very well.One of the best cars I have ever owned!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Other half doesn't like the bm and I like the merc c220 but it's got a foot operated hand brake..! So no good for me, unless more money on hand controls..

Lovely car, I too didn't like the footbrake though, was enough to put me off....

I looked at lots of s-line, problem was, most of them were sheds, seriously lived in....

Have you considered the All Road TDI Quattros ?
Mostly cherished examples from what I've seen.
I know, bigger engines, but as @NickNic said, not much difference on fuel and wonderful to drive..

A few on Autotrader within budget and with all the toys (y)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Lovely car, I too didn't like the footbrake though, was enough to put me off....

I looked at lots of s-line, problem was, most of them were sheds, seriously lived in....

Have you considered the All Road TDI Quattros ?
Mostly cherished examples from what I've seen.
I know, bigger engines, but as @NickNic said, not much difference on fuel and wonderful to drive..

A few on Autotrader within budget and with all the toys (y)

Newer models a bit above my budget... And around town would be thirsty..
Had a look though...(y)

knighthauler

Free Member
May 11, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2001
My son has an Audi A6 2.0TDI - it goes like the proverbial - loads of power and economical as well - you do not need a bigger engine!

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Still looking and going to see a couple this weekend.... Need to buy in the next few weeks...

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
After all the looking at bmw, jag and Audi we bought a Lexus is250 se-l instead..! Totally different to what we were looking for but saw it and fell in love with the interior and quality.. (y)

Picking it up on Tuesday :D:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Looked at all you mention. The a6 is far superior...
I have an a6 brand new and love it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back