Attempted break in

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, Jul 2, 2016.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

I have just received text off Gsil Camperbeen trashed re a male attempting to break in through sky light. Am on phone so not sure re copy and paste but will try.

Hi funsters xx i still dont have internet so want to alert you. we had a very nice male who decided to climb onto our motorhome roof just before midnight two days ago. he proceeded to try to force the skylight open. no da,age but lotd of fingerprints and footprints.

No damage and we have good cctv of the assailant however, when forensic officer attended he took nothing becuase they arent allowed to climb ladders, please can one of you post on forum we are now relying solely on cctv. i think this is so unfair. we offered to take photos of full footprints and to be talked through fingerprint removal but apparently that is not allowed either. want other funsters to be aware that getting justice is stacked on offenders side not ours. ty gail tony and robert

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Abacist

Abacist Funster

How pathetic can the police get? Can't climb ladders due to health and safety - they are an absolute joke and a waste of space!

Sorry to hear about your troubles and how useless the police have been!

• Like Like x 9
  3. movan

Will pass your message to Gail.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

Absolutely pathetic--- who the f**k writes these stupid rules. But then didn't someone drown because police weren't allowed in a river to help them ?

So glad there's no damage to Gail's motorhome.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    This is very serious and i do feel sorry for you. However,with my warped sense of humour,my thoughts went to the Jack lemon film " How to murder your wife" (Virna Lisi coming out of the cake....). and the Glumpiter,glumpiter machine.If you haven't seen it....DO LOL
    So. First wife,top of M/home= Perfect crime............ JOKING...LOL....maybe? Thrice LOL.
    Tea Bag from,"Beyond the Pale"

6. movan

Will pass message on. X

7. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

Hi Joy sorry to hear about the break in-whereabouts were you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. movan

Hi Jim ... not me.... I have copied and pasted Gail's message that she cannot post at the moment as no internet. :)

9. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

I believe the attempt break happens to Gail not Joy if I read the post correct .
    With all the technology at their disposal ,plod can't get prints off a roof ,not serious enough ? Pathetic

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jimbohorlicks

Jimbohorlicks Funster

Sorry,
    I misunderstood, but can you advise where she was when this happened-location wise?

11. solo 1

solo 1 Funster Life Member

Maybe Mrs. May can get rid of these stupid euro laws when she gets in. Health and safety is OK but its gone too far now.

• Like Like x 4
  12. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Horrible, but at least no-one got in and there was no damage which is a result. By the way, I expect the forensic person was a civilian who was working to rules made by some other civiilian. The blame for this stupidity lies with them and not real police officers themselves, who, if they had been still doing the scenes of crime work as used to be the case, would have been more than happy to get up on top and recover any available evidence.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. movan

Hello all .. i have pasted as best i can ..your replies to Gail. I will ask where she was but I get the feeling it was their home.. just guessing though. Joy

14. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Can't climb ladders lol..thank the EU for another pathetic health and safety issue

15. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

Another attempt at blaming EU guidelines when they have nothing to do with this.

The EU directives set out minimum requirements for safe working practice and equipment, they stop cowboy employees cutting corners and risking lives.

All tasks are risked assessed, most of us do that without realising - 'Is it safe to check the power at that socket?', 'Is that jack strong enough to lift the motorhome to change this wheel?'.

Without knowing the facts of this case - did the SOCO have a ladder for example? was he / she appropriately dress for ladder use? Was it wet? - All risks would need to be assessed and weighed up against the possible outcomes of completing the task. If CCTV is able to provide sufficient evidence then the potential risks involved in climbing onto the roof wouldn't be justified.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Is Gail not a member anymore?

Even if not she can still view this thread as far as I understand, you could send her an email with a link (y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

My niece is a SOCO and does go up ladders when necessary. Risk assessments are a fact of modern life.

Why doesn't Gail have Internet by the way? Very odd; got CCTV but not internet.....

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bart

Bart Funster

Yikes hope they get the pratt who tried to break in. :(

19. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Soco on the job was probably a big wendy..once had a sky engineer fit a body harness with all the safety ropes attached went out to get a ladder all just to go up 2 rungs of a ladder which was barely a tad over 7 ft in hieight...its just pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

@movan Good you could pass on the message as I could not do it, I was not home. My everyday phone has a really small keyboard, and I feel like an elephant each time I use it LOL, and copy/paste on my phone is a mystery to me on that phone!!
    They're saving for a new computer so hopefully she'll be back sometime this year!

• Like Like x 1