Attaching a tarp

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by DM23, Jul 27, 2016.

1. DM23

DM23 Funster

We don't have a wind-out awning and we don't want to get one unless we'll actually use it, so we're planning on getting a Decathlon tarp in case we need a bit of shade. But we'll need to attach it to the side of the van somehow. I saw a previous thread where these Super Suction Cups http://www.parrotsol.co.uk/index_files/Page731.htm were mentioned but the original poster didn't really come back with a review on whether they did the job. Anyone else have any experience of them and whether they'll be up to the job?

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

3. DM23

DM23 Funster

No, there's nothing there. If we decide against an awning then we'll probably stick some awning rail on there to attach it to, but I don't want to make any permanent attachments until we decide. So suction cups seem a good idea...if they're up to the job!

4. Whitebirdyman

Whitebirdyman Funster

I have the small sized supersuction cups from Parrotsol which I bought in order to hold my insulating screen cover in place since I have no other attachment points. On my MH they attach very firmly and I would have thought that they would be up to the job for your application. I guess the bigger ones would stick even more, I have seen something similar for attaching a roof bag or box to a car, so they would probably be overkill for your tarp.

5. Neckender

Neckender Funster

We have parrotsols large suction cups with our awning side panels and they hold them quite well.

John.

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 3
  7. DM23

DM23 Funster

They look good - thanks for the suggestion :)