atlantic road norway

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Shuggy68, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Shuggy68

Shuggy68

high guys i have a price from harwich to esjberg £676 rtn and from hirshals to kristiansand 372.41cent rtn.then drive up to molde.is there any tolls can i buy a toll for a year if any one has done the atlantic road info would be great. cheers

2. talaris

talaris Read Only Funster

Did it on a motorbike a few years ago. It is good but when I did it it was raining and foggy as it is a lot of the time in Norway. It is also quite busy as people tend to go and do a return journey. It is over in about 30 seconds too.

That said do it and as much of Norway as you can as it is a tremendous place and the people LOVE the English.

If you go North keep off the E6 and take the coastal route the e17 which is very scenic.

Do Geraingerfjord too on the way to the Atlantic highway. Soigné fjord is good too.

In fact it all is

No tolls just ferry crossings which are not cheap but nothing isin Norway.

Enjoy

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Can't help with the Alantic Highway, but we are also visiting Norway this summer, but we have decided to take the ferry from Dover to Dunkirk (£48.00 return) on 20th May, then drive to Travemunde, Germany and catch the ferry to Malmo in Sweden (£90.00 one way). We are then driving north through Sweden heading for Kiruna then take the border crossing into Norway and spend some time on the Island of Senja before driving north to Nordkapp. We are then travelling back through Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland before heading home mid July.

Nigel and Pamala

4. Onderweg

Onderweg Funster

Hi

We have done the Atlanterhavsveien three times, but that was in the 90's so my information about it is a little outdated :RollEyes:

But here are six links about that road and other useful information:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K23KDuCzJCA"]Atlanterhavsveien with sun[/ame]

Atlanterhavsveien with bad weather :cry:

Information about the Atlanterhavsveien on Wikipedia

All toll roads in Norway

The different ways the toll is handled in Norway

Custom regulations Norway

There is so much to tell about Norway that i dont even know where to start and where to stop. But if you have direct questions dont hesitate to ask and will give you any information i can.

This year we will go (again, been there 20plus times) to Norway and Sweden, we dont know yet whether we will go up north or stay in the southern part

Two tips though:
    1. Dont expect to drive more than 200 km per day, it will be less
    2. Check the weather forecast, rain and wind at the place you are but could be nice weather just around the corner

Have a great time

Paul and Ineke

• Like Like x 2
  5. 4matt

4matt Read Only Funster

Love that road we did it on an outing from a cruise we took up to Alta to see the Northern lights a couple of years ago. We loved the country and once we have our MH we will try to do it again, on our own, don't like the look of all those skid marks in your video onderweg, nasty.

6. Onderweg

Onderweg Funster

Hi 4Matt

:Rofl1: Skid marks :Rofl1:

We are innocent

Paul and Ineke

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

tyres are obviously cheap there, but not a pothole to be found :thumb: