At last! Got my licence back!!!! (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
After 2 months of no driving lisence as when I came of insulin u asked for a normal lisence back and had to go through 2 months of rigmarole:(

The only reason I was on a 3 year restricted was due to being on insulin for 10 years. So consequently I asumed logically I would get back a normal lisence....dvla do not folloe logic. If they had taken note of my doctor my sugars as well controlled as a non diabetic chance of more eye damage non the same as anyones....ah well at least i have a lisence again:) i will appeal against this anyway but thought i would share my joy!

Eddie

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Good for you to have some good news, warn the neighbours....Mr Toad is back.
Drive safely in those South London traffic jams!,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Good news for you. What was the restriction on your licence though?
3500. That don't bother me once you lose C1 you have to take a retest to regain it. Not interstead in big heavy vans luckily ( ex boy scout:))

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
(y)(y)
3500. That don't bother me once you lose C1 you have to take a retest to regain it. Not interstead in big heavy vans luckily ( ex boy scout:))

I've taken the drop and now very happy with our Hymer , its travel time (y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Two months fight, pfft lightweight. I've been fighting them for nine months now. :cry::cry::cry:

Well done Eddie.(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You were either VERY excited or sozzled from celebrating when you typed your OP Eddie as I had trouble making some of it out! :D Great news ...

Oh b*gger ... I've just realised, I'll get even MORE bombarded about Smart cars now! :doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The other thing to congratulate Eddie is the fact that you are able to control your diabetes without insulin ... now THAT is no mean feat! (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Good health is more important and being able to now go and enjoy that health with your licence makes it even better..... Go explore once again Eddie....(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Great news.for you ......I'm on a 3 year restricted licence and it's due for renewal next month at the moment I can drive up to 3500kgs but after the letter I received yesterday it looks like I'm going to now be restricted to an automatic.
Good job both the car and motorhome are automatic

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
That is outstanding, I know of one person who managed to ditch Metformin tablets by diet but you only normally get Insulin when your Pancreas stops making any of your own Insulin, so very very well done.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That is outstanding, I know of one person who managed to ditch Metformin tablets by diet but you only normally get Insulin when your Pancreas stops making any of your own Insulin, so very very well done.

I was on so little insulin at the end easy to stop:) Its such a relief to be off it to be honest and to have my mobility back.. On top of that weathers been glorious here for 3 days in a row!

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Congratulations on getting license back and great news about being insulin free
Positivity and willpower are wonderful thing both of which you have an abundance of
Keep up the good work
Gary and Janet

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Might be useful for anyone else who has to return licence for medical reasons.
I had to surrender licence for 12 months following a TIA.
The Consultant emphasised requesting return of licence 2 months before the year was up. He said that if you wait assuming the system will react you will have to jump through hoops for months.
I did as suggested and licence was returned month before the year was up with a valid from date dead on the 12 month date. All original categories included.
Good advice or just lucky?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back