At last a Kayak suitable for space limited motorhomers (1 Viewer)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
It worked thanks.

My comments would be 1 hour to assemble with three people for a boat that has the shape and form, but probably a reduced performance, of a Coleman which is considered the most shed like of "proper" canoes. And the only price I can find is £1800!

For what its worth Jim, as someone who has paddled for 40 years, my advice would be either go down the karitek and "proper" canoe route. Geoff at Karitek has a Coachbuilt and can adapt to fit most roofs - he worked around our solar and aerials!

Or have a look at a quality inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board - the strokes are transferable from your canoe days, you can sit, kneel or stand, you don't get blown all over like you do in a Lidl inflatable, and they are surprisingly good fun. There will be somewhere down your way you could try it out first just to check.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK who is going to organise a paddle meet, I can bring along our Gumotex Palava.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It's a commercial site so I'll need to contact them but probably later on in 2016, late summer or autumn?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Alternatives could be Bala or Skye.

There is a site we've used before at the west end of Bala Lake and the C&CC site on Skye is nice and right by the loch side. Possibly we just say when we will be where and see if anyone turns up?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Alternatives could be Bala or Skye.

There is a site we've used before at the west end of Bala Lake and the C&CC site on Skye is nice and right by the loch side. Possibly we just say when we will be where and see if anyone turns up?

Post where you are going is certainly the easiest as most people ourselves included won't know when they will be available at the moment.

Martin

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We also tend to make tentative plans and then see what the weather is going to be like :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back