Astra Satellite reception.

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Bailey58, May 20, 2014.

1. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

It won't bother many, if any, on Fun but I promised an update on TV coverage in the northern extremes since the start of the service in February of the new Astra satellite at 28.2 East.

Well like the report on the Iraq war it was held up, in my case 'cos I couldn't get the rusty lock off the outhouse where the parabola (dish) is stored when we are away.

A gallon of WD40 gains entry to shed and, balanced precariously with one foot on the ladder and the other on the fence, voila, parabola in place. Point at corner of white house on hill and with wife hanging out of the lounge window shouting unintelligible commands (a la reversing onto pitch) I fine tune the position until we get a near perfect signal. It proved far easier than getting my broadband up and running again.

So all is well, I can keep updated on the footie news and wife can watch Benidorm, eat your hearts out you lot in Spain. :Rofl1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phill D

Phill D

i'm not at all envious of you being up there with all that "poor" fishing.:cry: it must be real boring and a dreadful place to be:Blush:

hope you have a great time:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

I am down near Bordeaux and with a auto 62cm dish on roof and freeview am still getting most of the channels on freeview including bbc1 bbc2 and itv Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Yes it's terrible and here's the view from our kitchen window to prove it. Bit more industrial than when I first arrived but wonderful scenery on the doorstep. But always something to do, the shed roof is overdue for attention as you can see but I'm past scraping the old paint off and re-coating and apparently asked someone else last summer to have a look (I'd forgotten). :Sad: Looks like they delivered the new roof before we arrived and plan to do it some time soon. :Smile:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. keith

keith Funster

I think you mean Freesat Garry, Freeview is only available in the UK.

Or are you just trying to confuse the newbies. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

6. Sidney

Sidney Funster

Well I can still get Virgin Media TV and broadband in Southern France :Wink:

7. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

Can never tell what i get:Eeek: :Eek!::Cool: it is an Avtex tv with freesat already installed hooked up to automatic satalite:Doh: thats all i know and it works lol.
    Hope alls well with you 2, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken