LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
OK it has been said that in Spain you can recieve some channels on the South beam. How do you know which beam you are recieving and do you need to change anything? :Doh:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Well listen of course.

Does it say say bUcket or bOcket ?

Does it say coUntry or cOuntry ?

It's not rocket science.

I presume it is some form of sarcasm but I have asked others and no one can make any sense of what you are saying. :RollEyes:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
OK it has been said that in Spain you can recieve some channels on the South beam. How do you know which beam you are recieving and do you need to change anything? :Doh:

you use a site that list which channels are on which beam...

http://no.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

no need to change anything.

Only Astra 2a and Astra 2b have north and south beams.
But channels on these satellite will be moved (sometime), to the new Astra 2e, 2f, and 2g satellite over the next year or so - and these have UK and Pan European beams, so no more North and South beams.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
sat dish

We winter in Spain and currently at Javea. What size dish will I need to receive Astra 2F this year and beyond!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I presume it is some form of sarcasm but I have asked others and no one can make any sense of what you are saying. :RollEyes:
Oh dear so many people on here making assumptions as to ones Accent north versus south :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Its only the sarf wot speaks the Queens English, dear boy:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
these satellite will be moved (sometime), to the new Astra 2e, 2f, and 2g satellite over the next year or so - and these have UK and Pan European beams, so no more North and South beams.
So will these new sats be on my freesat box, will it find them or do they need to be programmed in. If I do a sat search how will I know I am pointing in the right direction for a new sat, all sounds rather confusing to me.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
So will these new sats be on my freesat box, will it find them or do they need to be programmed in. If I do a sat search how will I know I am pointing in the right direction for a new sat, all sounds rather confusing to me.

Your Freesat box will not notice any changes.
Freesat is preprogrammed to look for certain frequencies - not satellites.
And channel frequency changes are handkled automatically on Freesat.

If you mean a "free to air" receivers, simply use the sats at 28.2-28.5 - or those listed as astra 2a, 2b, 2d, and eurobird 1.

The new satellites will be replacing these, and will be in the same location, using the same frequencies.

Some recepvers allow you to "change" the satellite names, so you can go in and change 2d to 1n / 2f....

it makes no difference what you call them in the list - you could call the satellites "fred" - as long as the frequencies used are in the receiver - or you do an NIT search then the frequencies will all be updated.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Your Freesat box will not notice any changes.
Freesat is preprogrammed to look for certain frequencies - not satellites.
And channel frequency changes are handkled automatically on Freesat.

If you mean a "free to air" receivers, simply use the sats at 28.2-28.5 - or those listed as astra 2a, 2b, 2d, and eurobird 1.

The new satellites will be replacing these, and will be in the same location, using the same frequencies.

Some recepvers allow you to "change" the satellite names, so you can go in and change 2d to 1n / 2f....

it makes no difference what you call them in the list - you could call the satellites "fred" - as long as the frequencies used are in the receiver - or you do an NIT search then the frequencies will all be updated.

Now I am really confused :Doh: I thought free to air were terrestial digital nowt to do with satellites???

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Now I am really confused :Doh: I thought free to air were terrestial digital nowt to do with satellites???

"free to air" - channels available without viewing card or subscription eg bbc, itv, c4, fives.

"free to view" - channels available without subscription but do requrie a viewing card - eg Five HD (on satellite)

"terrestrial digital" channels provides by terrestrial mast to aerial - ie freeview and "digital terrestrial television - DTT.

(do not mix "free to view" with "freeview" - two seperate things)

"digital satellite" - extra-terrestrial - via Sky, Freesat, other digital satellite receivers.
(do not mix "free to air" with "Freesat" - two sewperate things)

so you can get free to air channels on satellite and terrestrial.

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
"free to air" - channels available without viewing card or subscription eg bbc, itv, c4, fives.

"free to view" - channels available without subscription but do requrie a viewing card - eg Five HD (on satellite)

"terrestrial digital" channels provides by terrestrial mast to aerial - ie freeview and "digital terrestrial television - DTT.

(do not mix "free to view" with "freeview" - two seperate things)

"digital satellite" - extra-terrestrial - via Sky, Freesat, other digital satellite receivers.
(do not mix "free to air" with "Freesat" - two sewperate things)

so you can get free to air channels on satellite and terrestrial.

ahhh come on Munchie won't be able to get his head around this now if you mentioned food he would understand.

probably like saying there is minced beef and minced lamb as freesat and freeview and the little balls of fat mixed in both of them being the free to view channels they are kind of the same but different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back