Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If I recall right it is tight for any large vehicle.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I think the height restriction may be a bigger problem. I had forgotten this was the entrance. https://goo.gl/maps/xyjNKBVRf832
Although it does indicate 3.8m at the entrance not 3m as in GJH site.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Only one place to look for the answer (shameless plug again :)) - http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/outlets.htm (look under South East of England. Plenty of parking in the overflow according to the centre owners.

Graham is correct. When we visited last year with 14 camping cars I was advised, by the centre manager, to use the overspill parking across the road from the car entry for the centre. Drive past the entrance and then head towards the supermarket. At the mini-roundabout turn right.

Have a look on Google Earth and you will see what I am talking about.

J

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think the height restriction may be a bigger problem. I had forgotten this was the entrance. https://goo.gl/maps/xyjNKBVRf832
Although it does indicate 3.8m at the entrance not 3m as in GJH site.
Just repeating what the centre management told me Keith :) Perhaps they err on the side of caution in case some numpty risks it :LOL:

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We live about a mile away from the Ashford designer centre and I would recommend parking in the nearby halfords and walking from there. It's a 10 minute walk and will probably be easier to get out of the area again as its really busy leading up to Christmas. Postcode is TN23 7DH. There are no height barriers or cameras in the halfords/currys etc. Car park. There is also a b&q on the same roundabout and that is also an option although I believe there is a limit on length of stay there. I have seen MHs in Asda but I think it would be quite tight for 8m. They are also very hot on charging which might present a problem for a large vehicle.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks people just an option if weathers real bad tommorow. currently wilding nr Rye and I see they have a bonfire and fireworks tommorow night

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks people just an option if weathers real bad tommorow. currently wilding nr Rye and I see they have a bonfire and fireworks tommorow night

I used to go to the fireworks every year as my late Stepfather was from Rye.

It's a great night worth staying around for.

There is a big carnival procession through the Town beforehand and then the big bonfire and fireworks.

Hope you get to enjoy it.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
There is a bridge that seems rather low to me so the answer is no, the supermarket is patrolled by a rottweiler who wants to charge.

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We parked in the ASDA car park recently after checking with the Customer Services as I was taking up 2 spaces. They said it was fine and I only needed one ticket.

StickyWicket

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The car parking is not run by Asda staff but policed by a private company. I would advise by checking with their person first rather than relying on customer services staff. Would not want you to get a ticket!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you look on Street View there is actually a motorhome parked in the overflow car park (where Customer Services told me motorhomes could park. If anyone still has doubts, contact <customerservice@ashforddesigneroutlet.com> or 01233 895 900. They were very helpful when I asked for information for the web site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back