Free Member
Jan 27, 2013
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
august 2012
Travelling to Spain and thinking of getting the asci card. Noticed that they offer the deal for two adults and motorhome plus 6 amp electric.

We are travelling with 3 adults and a 15 year old who i guess is also counted as an adult! Does the asci scheme still work out cheaper?

We have also pre booked one site with premium plot direct on to the beach. Have seen that they are also an asci site. We are wondering if when we get there we can save on the website price by using the asci card but are worried that :-
1) we wont be given the beach front pitch that we have booked. Presume the discount only entitles you to an out of the way pitch.
2) with extra charges for 2 extra adults and the charge for electric from 6amp to 10amp provided will be more than the actual 52euro per night!

Thanks

Paul

PS have got the stickers - Thanks - Putting them on Monty tomorrow.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Paul

Just the two of us travelling in a few weeks time and I pondered about getting an ACSI card. I got one and was astounded at how the costs of some sites that I could book through the Caravan Club and the Caravan and Camping Club compared. It was coming out at about a third of the price for the same site! I would think that even adding the extra adult and teen that you would still be in pocket.

Not sure on the other points but the book says that 'reservations can be made at some campsites, like a normal reservation but sometimes a deposit and resevation fee is payable' (there's more on this in the book).

Basically, I'm well impressed with the ACSI book!

Good luck, Dave

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
ACSI

Been using ACSI all over Europe for 8 yrs now and its a very good system However sometimes it cheaper to stay long term on some sites as some very good discounts are avail.
We paid E 11.95 per day for the pitch and .40 cents per Kw for elect and it worked out a lot cheaper by E 100 for the 53 days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We used it in Spain last year and it paid for itself within a week. If your staying 4/5 days in each place worth it, if your staying in one place for a month or more as stated by others here get a deal in the office before you pay.

John

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
We're going to be using ACSI sites when we go to Spain in a couple of weeks time. We have not made (or want to) any bookings, but Easter will come and go whilst we're down there. How busy do the camp sites get in Spain at Easter and would it be wise/necessary to book?

Dave

(when you think you've thought of everything something else comes to mind!)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
dont forget the acsi is a off peak card so over easter may not be able to use it i have had it for over a year now and have saved loads well worth the cost even if its just for the books

Deleted User
We're going to be using ACSI sites when we go to Spain in a couple of weeks time. We have not made (or want to) any bookings, but Easter will come and go whilst we're down there. How busy do the camp sites get in Spain at Easter and would it be wise/necessary to book?

Dave

Most sites in Spain are very busy over Semana Santa( Easter week) and charge peak rates so it would be advisable to check in the ACSI book

One exception to this is Camping La Aldea in El Rocio in Huelva province SE of Seville which I think is still in the ACSI discount scheme. The town and area is well worth a visit anyway but may be too far south.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We even used the acsi card here at unity farm in brean sands, saved us 28 pounds in just one week, well worth the price, intend to use it on our holiday to France next month.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
If you are heading for Spain through France using the A20 Limoges route (free autoroute), you can stopover at Parc Verger - 2 adults +16A ehu with Funster discount for just 14,40€ p/n. Cheaper than the ACSI 16€ and probably better than the 14€ rate if you allow for the better ehu!:thumb: Then you can choose the Bordeaux, Bergerac or Toulouse routes (or any of the other options) to run down to Spain.
We'll hope to see some of you!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We would not go anywhere without ACSI ::bigsmile:

If you don't have it-you can't use it !!
Sometimes it isn't the best deal,so then we don't use it,most times it is. :thumb:

Mike.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
If you are heading for Spain through France using the A20 Limoges route (free autoroute), you can stopover at Parc Verger - 2 adults +16A ehu with Funster discount for just 14,40€ p/n. Cheaper than the ACSI 16€ and probably better than the 14€ rate if you allow for the better ehu!:thumb: Then you can choose the Bordeaux, Bergerac or Toulouse routes (or any of the other options) to run down to Spain.
We'll hope to see some of you!
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Thats the route we're taking so maybe will be seeing you!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back