ASCI ID Card

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by JACQ, Jan 18, 2014.

1. JACQ

JACQ Funster

Morning all! Planning a 3 week trip in June/ July, hoping to see bit of Germany for the first time. Last summer we went to France and exclusively used Aires but we thought we might want to stay on a site or two as well as the Stellplatz to ensure a leisurely pace this time. We are going to order the BordAtlas and were also thinking about an ASCI camping card. I understand that when staying at campsites in Europe they require ID, and I don't like the idea of handing over a passport for the duration of our stay so thought we might buy ASCI ID card. Would my husband and I both need an ID card or do they just take ID from one of us? If anyone has any advice about anything else I need to consider it would be gratefully received!:BigGrin:

2. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Acsi ID Card

Hi - We are in the French Alps at Samoens at present staying on a ACSI site.
    We only have one Acsi ID card. when I checked in I just showed my card- which is a 2013 card I have not ordered this years card- although we do have our 2014 acsi book .
    The site did not want to retain my card although we have had sites that have kept it until we checked out.
    We also have a Camping Key Europe card that we use in Scandinavia it gives you discounts on ferries and campsites.
    If you are going into any German cities you will need your Umvelt sticker (not sure on correct spelling)
    I am sure there will be a lot more funsters along soon.
    Have a good trip
    Sue

3. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

It is a good idea to have the ACSI ID card because, you need your passport for identification at all times, it doesn't leave you open to identity theft and it provides you with third party insurance whilst on site.
    Enjoy Germany
    Ed

4. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ex Rochdale now Tavira, S. Brittany & Europe
    The ACSI ID card is another form of CCI (camping carnet) which are available from all caravan and camping organisations.

Public liability insurance is included and can be used for ID purposes on sites, some give 10% discount if produced but not in addition to other discounts.

It is not the ACSI discount card.

5. JACQ

JACQ Funster

Thank you for all the replies. I understand that the ID card and the discount card are two separate things, but would we need an ID card each or will one suffice?

6. busby

busby Funster

You only need the one...BUSBY:Smile:

7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Some insist on both passport and acsi discount card.
    I will never leave my passport with them but have left my acsi card, they retain it until you leave, probably so that you won't leave without paying?
    I bought a carnet card last year but it was never required.