As many others have, I've just ordered...... (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Do these WiFi aids work in France? I understood that most of the WiFi in France was locked?

colyboy

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
They are but you can find an odd one.
We find it comes into its own when paying for site WiFi we can both log on with one password!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Hello, I found it a waste of time,still got it and it's still in the box! Even tried it with my own signal and it wouldn't pick up beyond 25metre. Nice people but it's still £150 down he plug hole.

barista

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato based coach built
Exp
Hello, I found it a waste of time,still got it and it's still in the box! Even tried it with my own signal and it wouldn't pick up beyond 25metre. Nice people but it's still £150 down he plug hole.

Picked up Fon from over 1km away on more than one occasion. Great product.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
yes -we have used a wi -fi booster in lots of places and
had good results.Are you sure you are using it correctly?
and as munchie posted it usually helps when paying for site wi-fi.
check yer connections

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I have picked up from 1 mile line of sight.

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
One of, if not the best item I have bought, as I'm lazy bought the omni directional on, absolutely great all over. EU, UK, OUTER HEBRIDES and everywhere we have been

OP
OP
Brightspark

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
WOW as I said a great service. Arrived today, set up within an hour and fantastic results. Much quicker browsing and anywhere in the 'van! Thanks Adam from motorhome wifi

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I got one of these when I was in the "States. They where available from Amazon until recently, may be back by now?.

http://www.etekcity.com/product/100123.html

It extends the WiFi input quite substantially. especially on sites with remote Pitches. Used it on a site near Banbury a few weeks back, speeds the signal up quite well.

Pete

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ours has been brilliant for us in the UK. Testing it outside my house my phone found about 7 or 8 networks. The iBoost found about 40.

We haven't had much success in Europe but I think that's because there doesn't seem to be a lot of free/open WiFi networks around.

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
Two weeks ago I was on Anglesey and picked up a signal from over the water. It stated 1.7km away and worked perfectly. I have had occasions where the laptop would not connect with the router, then tried again 10 minutes later and it worked fine.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Or yes, I remember that quaint British tradition..... The queue.

But.....gerrout me way, I was 'ere first. (even if I wasn't)

May i suggest a duel
images

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also have the iBoost directional.. Works fine on an open Wifi.. and if you are on a site with Wifi it is certainly useful..

I haven't had any success in France.. tried to connected BT Fone .. gave up.. so had three weeks of peace and quiet without the net.. bliss.

iBoost is good kit, but it's not the panacea for internet access .. in many situations, a 3 Mifi would be better... also think it is overpriced..

you can buy Solwise kit for about half the price http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-usb-rocket-bgn.html Jim's shop also sells it..

If you must have good fast internet for work, or can afford it for social use, satellite is the way to go.. Personally I have better things to spend money on.. I can live without it while away..

Last edited:

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I have a wifi kit similar to iBoost and also have MiFi 4G device with antennae

The latter is far more useful in most situations I've found

On a recent CL my iPhone had no data signal at all however the MiFi managed to pull in a good enough signal for 3G

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We have a mifi with 3 and the iboost.
No question that home and abroad the mifi gets hammered. But we can and do use the I boost if we have to. We find it has a good range and does what it says on the tin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back