Arto 69G Beam Benders

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by normanandsue, Sep 23, 2012.

1. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

[​IMG]

I own an earlier model Arto than this and will be setting off for France on Tuesday 9th October. As this is our first trip abroad in this mh does anyone know if I can use ordinary beam benders on these type of lights and if not what do I use?

Norman

2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

As I've said before I would not, and do not bother. Been stopped many times when I lived in France and with UK cars and motorbikes, document checks, alcotest etc, but never asked about my headlight beams.

However if you do wish to, an easy solution is park up close to a wall, switch on your dipped beam headlights and place some black electrical tape over section of lamp that projects the cut up light that beams onto the UK nearside kerb. No chance then to "dazzle"
    anyone and if you are stopped no worries.....:thumb:

It's normally the opposite area to what you initially expect the first time you do it, but just experiment blocking the light with your hand and you will quickly find where to mask.

3. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

I'm sure someone on here showed how to remove the mounting screws and rotate the dipping headlamp so that it dipped right not left.

Steve

4. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster