Article about gas attacks (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi eddie it was a question about gas attacks on houses I was answering, not vans.

I am firmly with the disbelievers by the way.::bigsmile:

Olley

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We do not know whether a gas attack is possible, but took the precaution of having one of Eddie's gas alarms as well as one of their security systems which goes on every night.

If we're robbed and told we were gassed, Eddie will be getting a visit pronto!!!:ROFLMAO:

Bob and Di

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I said i would not post anymore on this topic but................

I am telling you what happened to us and that I would not just believe anything the Spanish police told us even if they suggested it was aliens as been mentioned earlier.

I have nothing to gain by sharing our experience and if you don't believe me that's of course is your right.

I would just like to think no one else suffers this kind of robbery/attack and prey it never gets any worse and someone dies.

Sadly it does not ease the hurt each time it comes up.

I apologise to any members i have offended by my postings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi John

What evidence do you have to substantiate a claim of gas use?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is an interesting thread but as some feelings are running high, I am going to close it for 24 hours. When i reopen it tomorrow I hope the discussion can continue about the possibility of gas attacks in general and not about individual cases.

Thanks

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Oh PLEEEEEEEEase........hasn't this gone far enough already?

:Doh: :Doh: :shout:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Oh PLEEEEEEEEase........hasn't this gone far enough already?

:Doh: :Doh: :shout:

I totally agree with you Linda.Unless there's any revolutionary new evidence.? Thanks for sticking to your word Jim but isn't this thread more destructive than constructive?

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Easy solution

Well that is sorted then!

Gas attacks DO / DO NOT (Please delete as makes you happy) I ........................................................ (Enter name) HAVE / HAVE NOT (Please delete as makes you happy) Been subjected to a GAS ATTACK / FELT VERY VERY SLEEPY.

There we go then a universal statement that we can all use to eliminate any arguements / resignations / acusations.

This form can also be used to prove/disprove:-

The existence of

God
UFO's
The Bermuda triangle
The disappearance of Lord Lucan
The Loch Ness monster

Please feel free to add any other emotive subject that gets people wound up for no real reason on line. And after upteen posts on this and other sites, there is no sign of any conclusion.

Simple!

Next job for me to tackle? I thought that I would have a pop at World Peace:roflmto:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I totally agree with you Linda.Unless there's any revolutionary new evidence.? Thanks for sticking to your word Jim but isn't this thread more destructive than constructive?
Sorry I meant Bryan. BTW has the edit timeout been changed on postings.I went to amend the error and Edit facility had gone already.

OP
OP
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Eddie

Thats hilarious, can I use it?

But do be aware that You are supposed to be in a bikini when sorting out world peace, I am sure that that was one of Eric Morleys strictly enforced rules....

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
American Dream (Steve)
The post edit timeout has not been changed. Please PM me the time elapsed between posting and attempted edit.

ALL...

Please keep this thread on topic, and open another thread if your reply is nothing to do with the Gas Attack article mentioned in the original post.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK everyone my position on this thread is this.

GT pointed us all to a link on the Royal College Website. If I had seen that link I would have posted it. It was new and it was newsworthy. It wasn't just "another posting about gas" Having the Royal College's Opinion on this matter was important whether you agree with it or not.

The rest, as you can read for yourself, sort of got out of hand. This subject always seems to get the keyboards tapping. It is very emotive and any mention of gas gets triple the hits of any other subject on any forum.

It is reading the countless posts on this and other forums on which I have based my opinion, however my threat assessment in this area is a dynamic one. I am constantly looking to better my knowledge in this area so that my risk assessments are based upon intelligence rather than hysteria.

I would vote that this thread stays open, it is an important subject and as long as it doesn't degenerate into a "one on one" argument (which should always be taken to PM anyway) many can benefit from it as I have done from other equally long and passionate threads on the subject elsewhere.

:Smile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
George, The idea of me bearing all, in a Bikini makes me shudder:rollonfloor: let alone anyone else::bigsmile:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well Jim, if that's your attitude I for one only have one thing to say! And, before I say this, I should like to make the final point!

The important thing about anything, is the ability, nay the need, for these sorts of things. Without that ability or need, what is the point of anything?

So to sum up, I should like to thank you, but can't in this matter, but promise to for the next posting.

And in closing, should this be not at all clear, just remember, that it is essential in everyway, to see these things through, from the beginning, until at least, the middle, before failing.

I hope that I have made myself clear

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hmmm had to look up Veira and gassing

The Veira case makes interesting reading and for a moment I thought it was a scientifically confirmed case......

FRENCH police were last night holding five people suspected of using gas to knock out Patrick Vieira and his wife and daughter during a raid on the family home near Cannes.

The gas was pumped into the house to keep the occupants asleep - but yesterday, after a health check, the 29-year old former Arsenal midfielder, now with Serie A giants Juventus, was back in training with the France World Cup squad. Vieira's wife, Cheryl, and daughter, Cheries, were both recovering at home and police said there should be no long-term medical effects of the drugging.

"There was a break-in at Mr Vieira's home, during which jewellery was stolen," said a police spokesman in Cannes. "The burglars then escaped in Mr Vieira's Mercedes."

The car was later found abandoned along the French coast in Nice, and police said there was no evidence that the thieves had deliberately targeted the Vieira family. The gas attack was only confirmed after the Vieira family complained of feeling unwell when they awoke to find the house had been raided. Police scientists found evidence that gas had been pumped into the air conditioning system.

Five suspects were taken into custody in Nice yesterday morning. The police spokesman said the full value of the stolen jewellery was unknown, before adding: "We cannot say if [the burglars] knew this was the home of the footballer or not."

This article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football_international.cfm?id=773812006

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi George that's the one, I thought at the time it was a load of bull, if I remember rightly the daughter was asleep in different part of the house. One of the papers had a schematic of the house and where the gas was supposedly introduced.

Olley

Rose Royce

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
EPSOM
Funster No
This topic has been done to death on other Forums and I posted the following information:
My girlfrind, who is German, went to university in Germany in the late 60s early 70s and the subject of gas attacks was just as popular then (obviously not on the web) and was then considered to be an urban myth. Just as popular was the story of being approached at a border by someone who alleged that they had planted drugs in your vehicle and wouldn't tell the police if you gave them money!
On other sites you will find information similar to that mentioned here, written by an emminent anaesthetist., just do a search.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We certainly know its been done to death, its been around years and certainly wont go away.:shout: The individual anaesthetist letter has been around a little while now but the Royal College of Anaesthetists statement with which GT started this thread is very recent an newsworthy. Maybe one day we will know for sure what goes on. But right now I reckon its anybodies guess.::bigsmile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
There was reports in the press a few years back of wealthy people getting robbed on Majorca claiming they had been gassed. Ex Russian special forces got the blame for that.

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
We certainly know its been done to death, its been around years and certainly wont go away.:shout: The individual anaesthetist letter has been around a little while now but the Royal College of Anaesthetists statement with which GT started this thread is very recent an newsworthy. Maybe one day we will know for sure what goes on. But right now I reckon its anybodies guess.::bigsmile:

Jim,

The only time I would believe it if one of the victims had a blood test and the medics stated you have so and so gas in your system or what ever. Until then I like very many other experienced motorhomers are 100% with GT. :thumb:

As GT once stated (I think) "Urban Myth" or "Cock and Bull Story". ::bigsmile:

Don

peter

Free Member
Nov 23, 2007
Near Boston Linc's
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia 640
Exp
Since 2000
Well Jim, if that's your attitude I for one only have one thing to say! And, before I say this, I should like to make the final point!

The important thing about anything, is the ability, nay the need, for these sorts of things. Without that ability or need, what is the point of anything?

So to sum up, I should like to thank you, but can't in this matter, but promise to for the next posting.

And in closing, should this be not at all clear, just remember, that it is essential in everyway, to see these things through, from the beginning, until at least, the middle, before failing.

I hope that I have made myself clear

Eddie
You been sniffing the gas? couldn't make any sense of that.

Geoff

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Evesham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
on & off for 20 yrs
Hi. I will start by saying that I personaly am sceptical about the use of gas in these robberies, but I am not convinced that this particular statement from RSoA is actually all that valid.
My reason for this is that the statement deals specificaly with the use of gas to render unconsciousness, I would have thought that the use of a gas to aid a stealth burglary would only need to increase sleepiness not to render the occupants unconscious. I realise this is probably only a subtle difference but could be quite an important one and would welcome a more knowlegable opinion on this point.
I appreciate that many people feel, with good reason, that this subject should be laid to rest, however as I have toured Europe with a young family in the past and intend to do so in the future feel that it is of great concern to me. Obviously if gas is not a factor, and I feel that we all agree that these robberies do take place, then a gas alarm does not provide protection, therefore I for one am very interested in all opinions of how they are carried out, and in any ways of protecting myself and my family against them
I sincerly hope I have not offended or annoyed anyone with this post as that is most certainly not my intention.
Regards Geoff.​

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Geoff you are right, it is an important subject and it should be up for discussion whenever new evidence comes to light. That the RCoA published that article was I feel important and worthy of mention here. That said, I mentioned earlier, that they would be the last people to admit that it was easy to render people harmlessly unconscious because I am sure they like to think they have the monopoly on that:Smile: However because they are THE professionals in this area, their opinion does IMO carry considerable weight to the argument.

Your comments should not offend anyone. That someone might get upset at the mention of gas attacks is not, in my opinion, a valid reason not to discuss the subject. We are all adults and if a thread is not agreeable then do not read it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back