Arsonists set fire to couple's vintage converted motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I don't bother, much more fun to just post on threads as normal - they won't appear but you get to have your say - then someone mentions something in your post - confusion by the 'ignorer'............(y)

I 'ignored' a member for a short time just to find out what happened (not Shiffty)............

...as the saying goes..."Keep your friends close but..............";)

'He' won't see this............. it's just a game............. sad I know.... but heh...
.:LOL:

Have a nice day(y)
Someone once posted this elsewhere & it is quite true.
"I think using the ignore button is a bit daft because how can you have an informed view on something if you only let the people you agree with inform you."

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't bother, much more fun to just post on threads as normal - they won't appear but you get to have your say - then someone mentions something in your post - confusion by the 'ignorer'............(y)

I 'ignored' a member for a short time just to find out what happened (not Shiffty)............

...as the saying goes..."Keep your friends close but..............";)

'He' won't see this............. it's just a game............. sad I know.... but heh...
.:LOL:

Have a nice day(y)
I think he has gone off the boil anyway BB I don't tend to read many of his posts nowadays, he has lost that edge that he once had. Remove the hecklers and you have to rely on your own material.;)

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Hi. Hope this comes over OK. My first reply.
A pal of mine berates me for buying new cars while he buys used. I am in the fortunate position of being able to do so. But I remind him that if people like me did not buy new, there would be no used vehicles to buy. He now owns a G reg VW Transporter which I love to drive whenever he lets me ! It's this vehicle that started my dream of a MH which we hope to buy next year. New or a demo would be great.
But the lesson for me is:- "sua cuique voluptas" which has nothing to do with boobs but means "to each his own"
Great to hear about the happy boat ending.
Mike

It is a fair point. I too could buy new but choose not to. What was being exercised was how some people feel superior, which is nonsense but more to do with the type of person they are rather than available funds.
The other side of this particular coin is when someone resents a person with a new vehicle not bothering to think they may have saved for years to buy it. When someone told me they happily scraped their suitcase against new cars in our car park I was furious. I saved for 22 years for my new car as I was happy with my MR2 mk1. Enjoy your MH when you get it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
We bought a wreck of a boat and have done it up. It's beautiful. Matt doesn't want another bus because he says people treat you like dirt. It's a shame it's scarred him so bad but we have a new life on the water and a new business as we are both artists so it turned out ok in the end. It was a terrifying experience and it still hurts but that's life I suppose. Thanks

I hope you both have as much fun with your boat as myself and my husband did with ours. Great that you have moved on so well.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Someone once posted this elsewhere & it is quite true.
"I think using the ignore button is a bit daft because how can you have an informed view on something if you only let the people you agree with inform you."

Wise words.....(y)

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
It is a fair point. I too could buy new but choose not to. What was being exercised was how some people feel superior, which is nonsense but more to do with the type of person they are rather than available funds.
The other side of this particular coin is when someone resents a person with a new vehicle not bothering to think they may have saved for years to buy it. When someone told me they happily scraped their suitcase against new cars in our car park I was furious. I saved for 22 years for my new car as I was happy with my MR2 mk1. Enjoy your MH when you get it!
Hi Hammie,
sorry to be late replying. I'm still finding my way round the site. At the other end of the scale we have an MX5 bought new in 2003. 28000 on the clock and looks immaculate. Just used Maguiars wax which comes up brilliantly. When Ann and I look at what we have, we think of all the cr@p we had to put up with whilst we were working and being retired we pack in as much as we can. Brother in law on the other hand (loads o' money) buys used and tries for ex-manager's cars as they seem to be loaded with goodies and has bought some beauties in the past. As I said in my original post to each his own. My vehicles have always been my pride and joy, even though the vast majority were company cars. My thoughts on the suitcase episode is not printable. When we started to decide on a MH Ann said she would prefer to have twin beds which is what we have in the 'van. Then we looked at a MH with a queen size bed and it's back to square one. Can't move for Practical MH and MMM in the lounge. But I'm enjoying the search.
Regards, Mike

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Hi Hammie,
sorry to be late replying. I'm still finding my way round the site. At the other end of the scale we have an MX5 bought new in 2003. 28000 on the clock and looks immaculate. Just used Maguiars wax which comes up brilliantly. When Ann and I look at what we have, we think of all the cr@p we had to put up with whilst we were working and being retired we pack in as much as we can. Brother in law on the other hand (loads o' money) buys used and tries for ex-manager's cars as they seem to be loaded with goodies and has bought some beauties in the past. As I said in my original post to each his own. My vehicles have always been my pride and joy, even though the vast majority were company cars. My thoughts on the suitcase episode is not printable. When we started to decide on a MH Ann said she would prefer to have twin beds which is what we have in the 'van. Then we looked at a MH with a queen size bed and it's back to square one. Can't move for Practical MH and MMM in the lounge. But I'm enjoying the search.
Regards, Mike

Good luck with the search it is half the fun

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I think he has gone off the boil anyway BB
Actually, so have you, Mr B. I do miss our tit for tat intercourse's these days. Couldn't you take up a chat type hobby we could argue about, like maybe smoking??:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Actually, so have you, Mr B. I do miss our tit for tat intercourse's these days. Couldn't you take up a chat type hobby we could argue about, like maybe smoking??:)
How about Dressing up in military combat camouflage then creeping through the enemy tertiary with your weapon poised until your night sight picks up the silhouette of the countries most loved creature. Then blasting it to oblivion just for pleasure......upload_2016-10-22_13-25-6.png

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Wise words.....(y)

I think using the ignore button is a bit daft because how can you have an informed view on something if you only let the people you agree with inform you."

eh....this works fine for Nicola Sturgeon......

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
How about Dressing up in military combat camouflage then creeping through the enemy tertiary with your weapon poised until your night sight picks up the silhouette of the countries most loved creature. Then blasting it to oblivion just for pleasure......View attachment 129889

Sorry buttons rabbits weren't about then. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back