LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Left the campsite at Hornfleur, had a steady run down to St Malo...

Quick cuppa tea and jumped on the "Free" bus to the Mount...

Got so far pushing Paul up hill and around in his wheelchair, and just about killed me (But not quite, Sorry Jim:p;))... got the bus back to the Aire and just going to have a wet one before dinner...

Only staying for the one night,,,, there is only so much you can do with Paul in his chair.. Well worth the visit if you have not been before.. as we had not...

Be warned the Aire under the mount is closed due to a storm and there is no parking at all.. the Aire we are on is set back a mile from the mount, but as said from 7-30 am till half past mid night there is a free bus to and from... (y)

I cannot see where you get water or even if there is a grey/elsan dump on this aire..

We came empty and full so as to speak,,, so wont bother us till we stop again..

There are a couple of proper sites nearer the mount, but dont know what they charge.. :)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
He has 2, Brian... one like an armchair and the other the same as a lot have, the small fold up ones...

But we have sort of hidden them.... for his and other peoples safety... he has no conception about speed.... he drives flat out, in a straight line and on sharp corners... couple of times he would have been toppled over if we had not been there.... and yes we have had them de-speeded.... but they will still tip over at 2 mile an hour... on a sharp turn.. :(

It`s safer for us, him, and others if we push him... :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But we have sort of hidden them.... for his and other peoples safety.

I know that feeling, I have a disabled relative who has ridden our electric bikes. Same problem, full throttle or nothing. Luckily he bounces well but I have said "never again" for the sake of the public.

It would not be rocket science to give you a remote control, at least be able to cut the power.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
There are a number of attendant controlled add-on power packs for manual wheelchairs.

Click here for just a few examples, but there are plenty more. Might help you get value for money from that life membership. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back