Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
That's strange. I have a 3 PAYG sim in a MiFi. It worked in Germany although I don't think we ever got 3G. It was always slower.

Germany along with Belgium not 3 " feel at home " destinations? (Yet) germany poor for WiFi as well. @RobertClark bought a vodaphone sim there last week

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Germany along with Belgium not 3 " feel at home " destinations? (Yet) germany poor for WiFi as well. @RobertClark bought a vodaphone sim there last week

Ah OK. That wouldn't have flagged on a PAYG data SIM I suppose. It would have just charged whatever the roaming rates are.

I refuse to deal with the evil maggots for anything that I can't just throw away if I have a problem with it so all our phones are with other providers.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have the iboost as well and even after it is showing that I'm connected and showing the 2 graphs as downloading /uploading I still can't get on any Web pages. I should have bought the rocket.
I'm glad I read this thread though I'll never press the reset button now! !!
Although I did click on reset to default settings to try to get it to connect to the site Wi fi. After reading instructions it says if the signal flashes on and off it means it's the wrong password, I checked numerous times that I used the right password so that's not the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ah OK. That wouldn't have flagged on a PAYG data SIM I suppose. It would have just charged whatever the roaming rates are.

I refuse to deal with the evil maggots for anything that I can't just throw away if I have a problem with it so all our phones are with other providers.
I "think" its your responsibility to turn of data in a non "feel at home" destination...so be careful.

Yoh will find out when bill comes in..

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes I found out when visiting the top of France near to Jersey, my phone picked up Sure which is the Jersey network and not on feel at home destinations. Luckily I didn't have much credit for them to take. Otherwise all credit would have been used without my knowledge that I was on a different network other than the allowed destinations

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes I found out when visiting the top of France near to Jersey, my phone picked up Sure which is the Jersey network and not on feel at home destinations. Luckily I didn't have much credit for them to take. Otherwise all credit would have been used without my knowledge that I was on a different network other than the allowed destinations

this is common.have never heard of anyone who has contacted Three not getting the money back. happens a lot up near Belgium/French border apparently

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Knowing about the dangers of resetting. On the advice of @dabhand I've fixed my iBoost reset button with a bit of tape and plastic so the reset button cannot be pressed at all.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this is nothing to do with the op , but just to clarify, I am on O2 on my phone , and if I don't use any data it doesn't cost any more than my contract, if I connect to the Internet it costs £1.99 for the day you use it, this is from midnight to midnight, and is unlimited for the day, also included in this is calls at a reduced rate, I can also tether my iPad to the phone included in the price and it works just as well as if at home.
Julie has three on hers and it costs £15.00 for the month don't know what calls she gets on it but in feel at home country's unlimited data is included which she uses for Facebook and stuff with her phone as tethering isn't allowed on that.
We have in fact streamed films with mine for no extra cost, although it's not something we do regular as it's not our thing on holiday.
But my point is we have absolutely no need for anything else.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I "think" its your responsibility to turn of data in a non "feel at home" destination...so be careful.

Yoh will find out when bill comes in..

No I won't, it's PAYG with the credit valid for 30 days. (y) I wouldn't have a contract with 3 if they were paying me!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know this is nothing to do with the op , but just to clarify, I am on O2 on my phone , and if I don't use any data it doesn't cost any more than my contract, if I connect to the Internet it costs £1.99 for the day you use it, this is from midnight to midnight, and is unlimited for the day, also included in this is calls at a reduced rate, I can also tether my iPad to the phone included in the price and it works just as well as if at home.

I have something similar with Vodafone. Any calls I make come out of my inclusive minutes with no extra charges or penalty. For everything else, texts, data etc, there is a £3 per day charge and anything used comes out of my normal allowance.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have something similar with Vodafone. Any calls I make come out of my inclusive minutes with no extra charges or penalty. For everything else, texts, data etc, there is a £3 per day charge and anything used comes out of my normal allowance.

Yes that's what I have.

£3 a day isn't too bad I don't think.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With three, as we have found to Julie's cost if you are on feel at home but also have credit on your phone if you have data switched on and stray across the border , you immediately have a fiver taken out of your credit.

Montybe

Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Lowline Mototrek
Exp
40 years on and off
My iBoost works like a charm. Adam has been in conversation with me over the past few days. As it says in the instructions, "don't fiddle about in the settings". If the iBoost doesn't respond then its a source signal problem, not an iBoost problem. You can't receive a signal if there is nothing in range transmitting. I send this via my iBoost wifi connection whilst in Languedoc.
Some of us increasingly use the internet for our comms. Yes, 3g or 4g smart phones are good and should be part of your comms suite. But for many of us who conduct business affairs and keep family informed of our travels we need several options for our communication needs. Nipping down to McDonalds is not good enough.
Oh, and I am told by those still using SatTV (at £2500 a set) that their signal is getting worse by the minute and the only option is to upgrade to a 1.2m dia dish...Jodrell Bank here they go...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back