Arrgh! Screwed up my iBoost!

Discussion in 'Web Connections' started by timdownieuk, Sep 6, 2015.

1. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Never had a problem with the iBoost in the past but since we've been away on holiday this time we've not been able to connect to any Fons. The iBoost sees the hotspots but we get zero Tx/Rx rates. Having fiddled with far more than we probably should have, we thought that we had nothing to lose by pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Big mistake!
    Now we can't log in via 10.20.30.40 or even to the admin pages on 10.20.20.10. We CAN still log in via 192.168.0.1 to the admin pages but I'm lost as to how to get things back to how they were.

Can anyone help? Motorhomewifi telephone answering machine says that they're off getting married which seems a poor excuse for not sorting my problem out today. ;-)

Tim

• Like Like x 1
  2. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

I bet that bloody eddievanbitz is at the wedding too :LOL:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Gromett

Gromett Funster

If you haven't sorted it by later today. PM me and I will send you my config file.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fenman

Fenman Funster

This thread has frightened the life out of me.:(
    I now realise that in today's tech world I am lost. It's in a foreign language to me. I am guessing it all refers to getting a signal to be online.
    When we get a motorhome I am going to need one heck of a lot of help from here. I'm fine on the whole living/driving part but keeping in touch will be very important and there I am a numpty.:unsure:
    My highly tech cool son will not be available if we are away so I will need simple and reliable once fitted.;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

If you have saved your original config file, you could reload that. If you did not do that when you first had it working satisfactorily then do so when you get it resolved. Gromett has offered his to help if you do not have a saved version, take it and give up floundering.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Why do you need to be connected while on holiday.....a 3 sim, decent phone, and occasional wifi does it for most people.

No real need to delve into the world of tech for most....certainly not worth getting anxious about!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Interesting thread as the owner of an Iboost watching with interest having read in the instructions reset mut not be pressed, need to cover it methinks to save accidental reset!

Config File what is the easiest method of saving a copy for us numpties

8. chaser

chaser Funster

I was going to post the same , but there are some on here dedicated to this sort of tech stuff, so didn't want to stir for once:whistle: but yes never found the need either I have O2 in my phone with unlimited data and Julie has three feel at home in hers and between us useually get a connection(y)

9. Judge Mental

Its just how some get drawn in and spend bundles on kit, (with all the angst that goes with it:)) when a cheap SIM will get you a 3 or 4 G connection on the move...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

When sorted disable the reset button in the menus to stop this. As you have learnt it resets everything including the image for the iboost ( not the router )

11. Fenman

Fenman Funster

Once we get our vehicle we will be retired and base our travels from our French house but we are planning to be away from bricks and mortar for several weeks at a time. But we presently keep in touch with two sons and three grandkids by Skype or something similar which is a very cheap way of contact.
    Internet connection would be very handy for a host of reasons.

12. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Many thanks! Can it be uploaded via a wifi connection to the router? Don't have a laptop, just an iPad so no cable connections.

13. Judge Mental

you can do all that with a SIM in a tablet....

• Like Like x 1
  14. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Hmm, judgemental by name and...

Tim

15. chaser

chaser Funster

True though!

16. chaser

chaser Funster

We have been to France , four or five weeks at a time numerous times, and never been without a usable data signal either on the phones or free wifi at bars and tourist information places and loads of others , but only managed to connect to fon for a minute in three years, give up on it now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Judge Mental

No..Its a misspelling..... Judge Mental actually:rolleyes:

whats wrong with suggesting an alternative easier and less technically challenging way of getting internet exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Total waste of time I have never had a peep out of my IBoost
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenman

Fenman Funster

Well chaser and Judgemental it is very kind of you to offer your opinions.

I don't have an iphone or tablet just my laptop and an old mobile so you can see what an ignorant guy I am as far as today's wonderful technology is concerned. Have no idea what fon is or even 3 or 4g. If pushed I can find wifi at cafes etc.

However, we do have a close relationship with our family and keep in touch on a very regular basis whether on holiday or elsewhere. That may not be your scene but I would not intimate that it is something you should or should not do. We live our lives to suit us not others.

When the time comes I'll do some investigations for the simplest way to keep in touch but it will be a while yet and no doubt technology will have moved on further.

• Like Like x 2
  20. burtonbird

burtonbird Funster

Now I know many of you on here are not Facebook users, but I find it invaluable while we're away in the van. I post a piccie and a comment every day and everyone knows we're OK. Always got the phone in an emergency!!