markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
I had a tow bar fitted by this outfit last week, mainly due to rave reviews online, I travelled from Edinburgh and sadly was disappointed, I got home to find the bracket for my hydra trail had been fitted with bolts finger tight and no spring washers like the bolts to the chassis, additionally they hadn't refitted the battery box cover properly, I've corrected it with some thread lock and put the battery box and my battery conditioner leads back together properly, but hey £510 they should get it right!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Simply not good enough, another 160 miles and Watling Engineers may have done a better job. (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They allegedly caused the total destruction of a smart car due to a badly fitted brake cable causing them to rub and get so hot it burst into flames. The owner posted the whole drama on many forums and from what I recall was treated very badly once their insurance were involved after initially holding their hands up.
That was immediately after towing away from their premises BTW so how the insurance could be so dirty about it I don't know. Never really got a clear conclusion to the story so perhaps a keep quiet clause was involved.

OP
OP
M

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
It's a shame, they are pleasant folk, but obviously taking too much on, I'd advise finding someone else on this basis

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I had a tow bar fitted by them a few years ago and had to get local garage to sort out the electrics. Sent them the bill for the work and they paid.
But would never use again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back