Arm rest question (Boxer) (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
I have a 2011 Boxer based van that is right hand drive. I find that there is nowhere to rest my right arm when driving. The door rest is just too far away. I'm driving to Spain in April and driving for 8 hours a day with my right arm hanging in mid air for eight hours a day is going to get tiring.

I have a drop down arm rest on the left side which is perfect, all I want is the same on the right hand side.

I've found products like these: http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/comfort_arm_rests.htm

Has anyone fitted one and are they OK? Also will they fit onto seats with a lumbar adjustment knob on the right hand side? It seems like it may be in the way?

I guess if there was a product that hooked onto the plastic door based armrest and extended it out, that might also be an option but I've not managed to find anything like that online.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Has anyone fitted one and are they OK? Also will they fit onto seats with a lumbar adjustment knob on the right hand side? It seems like it may be in the way?
I wanted similar fitted to my 2004 Fiat but the lumbar support mechanism is indeed in the way :(
I want similar fitted to my new Citroen Relay WildAx, and it seems possible but only if the lumbar support is locked in position and the adjust mechanism removed.

Good luck & let us know if you find a solution [other than seat replacement]

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What about a bolster cushion of some sort?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Took mine off our 2012 Boxer when I did the conversion as I did not want them on so there is a pair in my garage. In Spain though until late March but you should get an odd one from eBay or even a scrapyard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back