Free Member
May 7, 2017
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Autotail Chieftian
Exp
Hi All,

I have been researching family vans that meet our criteria, and came up with the 747.

Is there anything we should look for when inspecting any possible purchase? we are currently looking at around 2009/11 age range.

kind regards
ian

OP
OP
Trumpy21

Trumpy21

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Autotail Chieftian
Exp
Hi steve, yes been in a couple, nice and spacious and look well built. Not sure if any hidden gremlins I should look out for

Rob, val, thank you for the link

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
I had one for two years. I loved it, as you say loads of space, No real negatives, in my view, but very easy to overload due to the massive space underneath etc. My only real grump was that the sofa is not that comfortable for lounging, and does not have fixed ends, so useless for watching TV. Also it is not particularly aerodynamic so expect mpg in the high teens.

Make sure that the floor is solid, and sound. Mine started to delaminate, although it was fixed under warranty.

Good luck with your search.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
We looked at the dethleff equivalent, we found the lounge area seats to be very short and uncomfortable, the cab was completely closed off from the rest of the van and seemed very awkward to get from the cab to habitation area, going through a sliding door, but it had loads of storage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back