Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Would you run a rally?

There is nothing quite like meeting up with members. Being motorhomers and funsters means that when we do meet we all have something in common and this makes the conversation easy. Once the introductions are out of the way, motorhomefun or the forum are hardly mentioned as we chat away about anything and everything, swopping stories about motorhomes, motorhome holidays or life in general, essentially making new friends, which for many, is so much fun.

In the 8 years of motorhomefun, plenty of virtual friendships are made via the forums but many more strong friendships have been formed on the rally field. Our rallying numbers get bigger and bigger, but it's the smaller regional rallies where real friendships are made and people have the most fun.

COULD YOU RUN A SMALL RALLY IN YOUR AREA? Maybe you already know a place that other clubs have been, or you know of a nice farmers field or a campsite with a rally field. Give it some thought. It really isn't difficult, they are great fun and the satisfaction you get when running one is immense.

Please download the Rally Marshals Handbook it will outline the process and show you how easy it is (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No way !! Would never want to run one.. far too hard ..

Oh.. wait a minute...

Seriously, even something the size of Thetford is a real bit of wee wee to organise !!

Any one can do it as long as they can find a suitable venue ( and Rugby clubs are often VERY happy to accommodate )

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If I can run one, anyone can.... :D

Can be enjoyable hard work, you only get out of a Rally/Meet what you are prepared to put in...

What satisfaction does the Marshal/Organiser get...

The satisfaction of seeing a load of "Funsters" smiling and enjoying themselves..

"Priceless"..... (y) ::bigsmile:

Only 5 places left at the Bagwell Farm Meet/Rally 15th to 22nd June... with a follow on to one of the best meets in the South.. Jez & Lin`s.. Norden Farm, Corfe Castle... :clap2: :cheers: :party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We organised 4 RV rallies in Oswestry and even though it was very hard work we really enjoyed it.would we run another one ?well you know what they say never say never,watch this space ;)
Brian & Jo

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Not five minutes before logging on just now, Jane & I were talking about the need to have more smaller rallies & deciding that running one would be the way to go. Not this year, because we have too much on, but hopefully next year.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Crazy summer for us this year but ideas for next year - possible sites near the Royal Cornwall Show, Wadebridge or Bath & West Show, Shepton Mallet for end of May/June 2016? Both agricultural shows but loads of food & stalls of all kinds.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well if thick old me can do it any one can. (y) On my way to rally no three I though I had better down load the book :Eeek:.
instead of cuffing it
bill

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2015
Fife
Funster No
MH
Bessacar 454
Exp
Since 2013
Being relatively new to MH in and never having been to a rally , this really interests me . So watch this space for something next year .

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Lost count of the Whitby goth meets we have done now, first one in the muddy rally field at Broadings farm, 25 motorhomes but not one of them got stuck in the mud, and so from then we have ran 2 rallies a year, at Whitby community college at the end of April and Halloween weekend, which usually is far more crowded, but great to see everyone dressing up, once you've been you will dress up the second time.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I fancy having a go somewhere in yorkshire Pennines
Found one site at holmfirth that looks good but no pubs within walking distance
We went last weekend and I did like it clean site good facility's and nice staff
And well sheltered in a valley
plus a fishing pond but no electric on rally field and should hold 50 or 60 vans

But we won't have time this year but we will have next summer possibly July or August time
So will keep looking around and I know a few other members around here have thought of having a go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back