Getting better month by month.
Reverse onto pitch
Handbrake on
Open hab door
Let dogs out
Put chairs out
Open beer
Start "people watching"

I would like to think I can do this too soon. But then I would have to clear up:LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am guessing Chris from your description that you are like me in the garage department as well, don't dare open it in case most of the contents fall out and when on rallies or sites only open it far enough to just get out what you need so nobody can see in :D

Now that is where we are really messy, but thinking about it, not much better anywhere else either, always having to move something before you can put anything down :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am guessing Chris from your description that you are like me in the garage department as well, don't dare open it in case most of the contents fall out and when on rallies or sites only open it far enough to just get out what you need so nobody can see in :D

Now that is where we are really messy, but thinking about it, not much better anywhere else either, always having to move something before you can put anything down :)

Ditto:D

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
image.jpeg

Ok I'll confess...I'm not a messy camper and yes my napkins do kind of match the awning and the little solar lights are a safety feature but I draw the line at statues of hedgehogs and pot plants.
Unfortunately it doesn't matter how tidy I am, cos sometimes you wake up to find a neighbour like this cluttering up the place...
image.jpeg

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Which category do you fall into?

Bare Essentials. Two camping chairs, sometimes a table, awning wound out only if we need it (and no pegs), everything packed away for the night, bikes back on rack, aire or campsite.

The serious side to it is we once saw a camper van catch fire on a crowded aire, and realised how useful a rapid exit can be in some situations.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Bare Essentials. Two camping chairs, sometimes a table, awning wound out only if we need it (and no pegs), everything packed away for the night, bikes back on rack, aire or campsite.

The serious side to it is we once saw a camper van catch fire on a crowded aire, and realised how useful a rapid exit can be in some situations.

Me too ready for anything.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I rarely have anything outside except my hookup lead. Occasionally on Rallies I will take out chair and tiny table but that's about it.

I have a big sliding door so I can open that if I want fresh air and a view. I tend to try to point that door in the right direction.

MyDogsTooBig

Free Member
Nov 19, 2015
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Inbetween
Exp
Since 2010
Well what OP says sounds like motorhome glamping to me. Nothing wrong with a bit of Mrs Bucket eh? Brightens the place up.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we try to keep it tidy. But some people know I keep scotch in my van. so I try to get out and see if @DuxDeluxe is around and let him give my better halve some pims and I try to pinch his scotch. But now I know @Popeye also keeps drink around I will have to go calling.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well, before we roll on to the pitch I cut the grass to ensure it is to our high standards. I then take the cuttings to the nearest far so some animal can benefit from them.

The get out the measuring equipment and carefully measure and peg out a perfectly aligned position.

Then we can roll on to the pit, finally raking out the tyre marks.

The I do the risk analysis on the hook up cable. We want it safe yet aesthetically pleasing. A few more pegs in place then I route the cable around them. Naturally the reverse polarity test now comes out. I then go to the card index to select the appropriate card for the site breaker. i.e. The 5A states Heater and Fridge ONLY.

Electricity settle out comes the gas leak spray. I turn on the gas and spray all joints to ensure no damage has occurred on the journey. I can then hang the GAS SAFE notice on the locker.

Some of us have standards. Clearly others don't.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well, before we roll on to the pitch I cut the grass to ensure it is to our high standards. I then take the cuttings to the nearest far so some animal can benefit from them.

The get out the measuring equipment and carefully measure and peg out a perfectly aligned position.

Then we can roll on to the pit, finally raking out the tyre marks.

The I do the risk analysis on the hook up cable. We want it safe yet aesthetically pleasing. A few more pegs in place then I route the cable around them. Naturally the reverse polarity test now comes out. I then go to the card index to select the appropriate card for the site breaker. i.e. The 5A states Heater and Fridge ONLY.

Electricity settle out comes the gas leak spray. I turn on the gas and spray all joints to ensure no damage has occurred on the journey. I can then hang the GAS SAFE notice on the locker.

Some of us have standards. Clearly others don't.
A CC site commandant would love you.:D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back