Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi Alan,
Sorry for the delay - haven't been on for a couple of days.

SVTech charged us £230 incl VAT (she's sure that's the figure:Smile:). We can confirm this next week, when we get back home.
.... (cut) ...
John

Does Road Tax & Insurance increase? Also do you have to be more aware of weight limits on roads?
:thanks2:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
road tax is usually less ,tell your insurers but i dont know the answer to that one. i would say no as you possibly havent modified any thing. ask first best way. yes occasionally there is weight restrictions normallyabroad. france etc the restriction for car licence was 3.5 for years a camper would be 3.5 so i take no notice n driveon .my choice. not now look too big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Whilst I haven't done it yet, SVTech were happy to uprate my van to 3.2 from 3.0 and the insurance peolple at Safeguard were quite happy - My beef is why do converters put their conversion on 3t vans when for very little extra they could put it on a 3.5t chassis?

Bumped into a bloke early this year who had a new Swift Bolero, we got chatting and he told me; "that Swift had really done their homework on this one cos I've got a one ton payload" I think my copy of MMM revealed about 350kgs when I looked it up..... Still, it explained why he had to upgrade to 16" wheels from the standard 15" - "the smaller ones used to get really hot" he said...... errrr why's that then? :Smile::Smile::Smile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Does Road Tax & Insurance increase? Also do you have to be more aware of weight limits on roads?
:thanks2:

As Alan said, road tax is lower. Our insurance company (Comfort) wheren't concerned. I need to look into what the regs abroad will entail as we're doing Brian's (Hilldweller) Lake Garda trip in May. This will involve France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and Italy, so we'll have a bit of research to do over the next few months. I imagine French tolls will be higher. I do know that in Switzerland and Austria you need a different method of paying - in Austria you need a 'go-box' in Switzerland you buy a card that entitles you to use the toll roads for a specific number of days - depending on what you buy. Elsewhere??? Pass! There are a few places that prohibit anything heavier than 3.5t into town, which may or may not be a pain. But there are lots of >3.5t motorhomes bombing around, so it can't be too arduous - can it:Nowink:.

John

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john ,dont use toll roads , unless you look like mine nobody knows the differance at tol booths etc. in town again they wouldnt know swiss could be a problem. i try not to go up 3.5 ton rds hard to pretend i,m only 3,5. ha ha do get classed as a car n caravan on ferries so cheaper than exivalent length camper. 10mtrs. they allow 11mtr for car n caravan .cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
I tried checking our truck today but being a CI all the labels are in flippin' italian. Having been to Milan and seen how the locals drive I guess if I ever get stopped I'll just pretend to be Italian :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back