DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
So why not share who it is ?
Got to be one of the worst experiences possible I should think

This was the latest email I sent them,

My wife & I have spent the last four days working on our motorhome. Cleaning the inside, AGAIN, reloading our belongings, fitting out the garage with the dog cage & storage units AGAIN & carrying out repairs/finding homes for "spare" screws & caps etc. etc.
As I said to you before, we bought the motorhome to use it, not to look at it & we will be using it constantly on a 4 on 4 off basis (to coincide with my shifts) punctuated by 2 weeks away every 10 weeks. I have no intention of removing/dismantling the contents or having to deep clean it yet again or risking further damage being inflicted on it.

Many of the faults have now been rectified. For many others it's just a matter of simply replacing parts( filler cap, toilet filter etc.).
The main item which cannot be "fixed" is the screw through the wall, I have removed it & fitted a shorter one, but the hole remains.

I think some form of compensation is going to be the best solution all round.
I await your reply.

This was what I consider their derisory "offer"

Again, I apologise for failing to meet your expectations with regards to the recent repairs carried out.

With regards to the compensation you have asked for can I offer the following as a goodwill gesture.

1) 2014 Mechanical Service FOC

2) 2014 Habitation Service FOC

3) MOT FOC

4) FOC MOT insurance, Coverage up to £300 on the following 2015 MOT for any failures

5) £100 Cheque towards fuel reimbursement

The above to be carried out at Tyne Valley Service Centre.

Just wish someone in the trade or with legal knowledge would give me an idea of what is "reasonable".

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back