Are there any true facts about diet food (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I have been searching on the net about diet foods-- I haver seen so many ads, why is it such big business :whatthe:

Why are there so many conflicting ads saying one thing, then another about what is good or bad:whatthe:

I thought I would follow the NHS advice but all the reviews on there say I will probably poison myself:cry:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/eatwell-plate.aspx

Where can I find a list of what to eat, so as to loose weight without feeling like I ought to take a nutrition degree to understand it all:Eeek:

I`m on a no carb / meat only diet now for x 2 weeks, but looks like I will suffer kidney failure from too much protein according to one site :cry:

Hairy Dieters has done it for us. Good tasty food that dose not leave us feeling hungry. It involves fair bit of preparation but Cathryn tends to use the same batch size as in the books (often six portions). We then eat one third, freeze one third and the rest stays in the fridge for a couple of days. :thumb: :thumb::thumb:

Diddly

Free Member
Nov 15, 2013
Durham
Funster No
MH
Not yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Exercise v Food

Exercise has been mentioned a few times but IMHO being overweight is more about eating the wrong foods and/or too much food. You only have to see out how much exercise you have to do to make up for eating say a chocolate bar or a meat pie to realise how much easier it is to eat less of the wrong foods and more of the right foods.

Exercise has it's place, but IMHO takes second place to food choices and portion sizes.

This is why the 5:2 low carb eating plan is gaining recognition. It's suitable for even those can do little or no exercise.

Please let us know what you choose to do and how it goes. We could all learn from your experience, afterall. Good luck! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back