Are the EBLs near the panel?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by camcondor, Sep 30, 2013.

1. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Following on from my battery question, I have discovered that there is a switch on the actual EBL which I can set to Lead Acid as opposed to Gel battery, but I now need to find the EBL unit........

As with most motorhomes the Schaudt panel is about the habitation door, but where should I look for the EBL itself? Motorhome is an Adria Vision 707 with possibly the worlds worst main dealers ever, so guessing no help from them then, and I don't want to have to book it into a dealership just to ask where the EBL is :Rofl1:

I am assuming it will be relatively near the panel and reasonably accessible as fuses sometimes need to be changed etc. Although you never know! Will have to have a snoop about, it may be in the floor compartment next to the water pump! :Eeek:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Ours is under the driver's seat. A fair sized, as in compact PC, lump, but it is an old one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheCaller

TheCaller Funster

More likely to be near the battery rather than near the panel. I would agree with Brian, most likely under one or other front seat, particularly if your battery is under the other one.

It's quite a big lump & needs some ventilation, so not easy to hide. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but if it's anything like the others in the range, it would be good to find it anyway, because it has fuses on its front panel. You don't want to start searching for those in the cold & dark after they've blown!

• Like Like x 1
  4. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Electroblock location

As you have an A class, it could be in the storage compartment alongside the driver (which is where ours is). Isn't there any clue in the handbook?

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  5. camcondor

camcondor Read Only Funster

Thanks for those ideas, I will get on the hunt for it this coming weekend when I can go back to the storage. Absolutely makes sense to find it in the light in good weather instead of a cold, dark, wet night!

Unfortunately, the dealer supplied handbooks are rubbish - the info on the Schaudt panel was not even included, and the Adria handbook was of a generic type which applied to their coachbuilts, not the A class - at the time we bought ours, Adria had only just launched its A class and ours was one of the first to be sold here. Since then I can only hope that their literature,service and dealer network has improved - it certainly could not have been any worse! In those days, though, they were pretty good value for a big A class, I know the prices have shot up since then!

I will go on a hunt and update this thread once I find it, you never jnow, someone else may need to find it someday!

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Also try looking under the dinette seats